BBC News - Wales BBC News - Wales
- Gareth Bale over 'psychological scars', say Spurs boss Jose Mourinhoon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:40 pm
Gareth Bale has recovered from the "psychological scars" that led to his slow start to life back at Tottenham Hotspur, said boss Jose Mourinho.
- Covid: Traffic on Welsh roads 60% higher than first lockdownon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:49 pm
Traffic on Welsh roads has increased compared to previous lockdowns, government data shows.
- International Women's Day: Being a woman and a soldieron Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:48 pm
On International Women's Day, Gemma Morgan shares her experience of being a woman in the Army.
- Sight loss: Children in Wales missing out on 'vital services', charity sayson Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:45 pm
A charity says some areas of Wales have no services to help young people learn key life skills.
- Sight loss: Life skills support for children 'life-changing'on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:45 pm
Guide Dogs Wales points to parts of the country where there are no habilitation services for children.
- Swansea landmark bridge lifted into placeon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:21 pm
Traffic was stopped overnight to allow the 160ft foot and bike crossing to be installed.
- Swansea bridge 'a great new landmark for city', says leaderon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:20 pm
A bridge linking Swansea city centre to a £135m indoor arena and the coast is lifted into place.
- Priti Patel orders review into Ruth Williams lockdown killingon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 5:42 pm
Ruth Williams was strangled by her husband, whose five-year sentence for manslaughter sparked anger.
- Scott Ruscoe yn gadael fel rheolwr Y Seintiau Newyddon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 5:24 pm
Scott Ruscoe wedi gadael ei rôl fel rheolwr Y Seintiau Newydd a hwythau ar frig Uwch Gynghrair Cymru.
- Gorchymyn adolygiad i farwolaeth dynes a laddwyd gan ei gŵron Mawrth 7, 2021 at 5:13 pm
Yr Ysgrifennydd Cartref yn gorchymyn adolygiad i farwolaeth Ruth Williams, gafodd ei lladd gan ei gŵr.
Herald Wales Welsh National News
- West Wales welcome for Welsh Labour’s ‘We’re in Your Corner’ campaignby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:52 pm
MEMBER of the Senedd for Mid and West Wales Eluned Morgan and Riaz Hassan Candidate for Carmarthen West and South... The post West Wales welcome for Welsh Labour’s ‘We’re in Your Corner’ campaign appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Census letters on their way to residents in Walesby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:19 pm
HOUSEHOLDS across Wales are being asked to take part in Census 2021. Census day is on March 21 and residents... The post Census letters on their way to residents in Wales appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Welsh Conservatives promise to ‘work with UK Government’ on Wales’ economic recovery after electionby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:01 pm
WELSH CONSERVATIVES in the Senedd confirmed on Sunday (Mar 7) that they would work with the UK Government on implementing... The post Welsh Conservatives promise to ‘work with UK Government’ on Wales’ economic recovery after election appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Welsh Lib Dems call to re-join the European Single Market and Customs Unionby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 8:51 pm
THE WELSH LIBERAL DEMOCRATS have called on the Welsh Government to campaign for Britain to re-join the European Single Market... The post Welsh Lib Dems call to re-join the European Single Market and Customs Union appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Ban on all but essential travel could be eased in Wales very soonby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 8:40 pm
FIRST MINISTER Mark Drakeford has spoke on the radio on Sunday (Mar 7) and announced that the ban on all... The post Ban on all but essential travel could be eased in Wales very soon appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Swansea’s new Copr Bay Bridge is ‘fantastic’ say localsby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 4:29 pm
A BRIDGE linking Swansea city centre to a £135m indoor arena and the coast has been lifted into place. The... The post Swansea’s new Copr Bay Bridge is ‘fantastic’ say locals appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Tributes to Wenjing Xu, 16, who died in Chinese takeaway incidentby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 6, 2021 at 10:50 pm
TRIBUTES have been paid to Wenjing Xu, 16, who died following a major incident in Ynyswen on Friday (Mar 5).... The post Tributes to Wenjing Xu, 16, who died in Chinese takeaway incident appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Haverfordwest County sign Jazz Richardsby James Hemingray on Mawrth 6, 2021 at 9:26 pm
WALES international Jazz Richards has signed for JD Cymru Premier side Haverfordwest County. The former Cardiff, Swansea and Fulham defender... The post Haverfordwest County sign Jazz Richards appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Newly appointed managing director for Network Rail Wales & Westernby Thomas Sinclair on Mawrth 6, 2021 at 5:07 pm
NETWORK RAIL has this week (Mar 3) announced that Michelle Handforth, has been appointed as the new managing director for... The post Newly appointed managing director for Network Rail Wales & Western appeared first on Herald Wales.
- Neath Port Talbot Council Leader steps down in ‘cow’ rowby Jon Coles on Mawrth 6, 2021 at 4:56 pm
Secret recording implies cash allocated to boost Labour Leader apologises for misogynistic language Referred to Public Services Ombudsman THE LEADER... The post Neath Port Talbot Council Leader steps down in ‘cow’ row appeared first on Herald Wales.
Nation.Cymru A news service by the people of Wales, for the people of Wales.
- ‘Dear me, he really, really is awful’ – Mark Drakeford responds to call with Boris Johnsonby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:32 pm
The First Minister Mark Drakeford was heard saying “he really, really is awful” following a call with Boris Johnson in a fly on the wall documentary of his handling of the Covid-19 pandemic. In the programme Prif Weinidog Mewn Pandemig (First Minister in a Pandemic) on S4C Mark Drakeford is The post ‘Dear me, he really, really is awful’ – Mark Drakeford responds to call with Boris Johnson appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Senedd candidate ‘not arguing for lack of Covid compliance’ in tweets criticised by rivalby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 7:47 pm
A Senedd candidate has said that he was not arguing for or defending a lack of compliance in a series of tweets criticised by a rival candidate. Dwyfor Meirionnydd Conservative candidate Charlie Evans had commented: “Only 152 new cases and this is against a backdrop of compliance with lockdown The post Senedd candidate ‘not arguing for lack of Covid compliance’ in tweets criticised by rival appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- The story of reluctant indie superstars Helen Love – Wales’ greatest cult bandby Mark Mansfield on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 7:17 pm
David Owens The early spring sunshine is streaming through my bedroom window, casting shards of golden light on to the walls. The longer hours of sunlight are a melatonin-packed mood enlivener as winter hands in its notice for another year. In the midst of a global pandemic, it’s a blessed The post The story of reluctant indie superstars Helen Love – Wales’ greatest cult band appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- How Plaid Cymru and the Conservatives could use the union and independence to put the squeeze on Labourby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 2:48 pm
Ifan Morgan Jones Plaid Cymru and the Conservatives aren’t going to go into coalition in Wales. Sorry if that’s a spoiler for anyone who was waiting for the 2021 Senedd election series finale, but it’s just not happening. A left-wing, pro-EU, Welsh independence party and a right-wing, pro-Brexit, devo-sceptic party The post How Plaid Cymru and the Conservatives could use the union and independence to put the squeeze on Labour appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Review: A Welsh Quartet: Jon Gower surveys the latest crop of fiction from Walesby Mark Mansfield on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 1:25 pm
Jon Gower The trajectory of the south Walian short story writer Jo Lloyd has been steep and visible every since she won the prestigious BBC Short Story Award in 2019. Her stories have been broadcast by the corporation, of course, and now comes her debut collection, The Earth, Thy Great The post Review: A Welsh Quartet: Jon Gower surveys the latest crop of fiction from Wales appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Drakeford to set out timeline on stay local rule, re-opening non-essential retail and tourismby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:42 am
The First Minister Mark Drakeford has said that he hopes to be able to lay out a plan for re-opening non-essential retail and self-contained accommodation during Friday’s lockdown review. Speaking to Sunday Supplement on Radio Wales he also suggested that the guidance on travel would also change to ‘stay local’. The post Drakeford to set out timeline on stay local rule, re-opening non-essential retail and tourism appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Wales should ‘expect an absolute deluge of visitors’ once Covid-19 restrictions liftby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:58 am
Wales is “expecting an absolute deluge” of visitors once the Covid-19 restrictions lift, according to the chair of a tourism body. Jane Reese-Baynes, chair of Visit Pembrokeshire, said she was surprised by the number of visitors who flocked there last when restrictions were loosened. She told CNN that her team The post Wales should ‘expect an absolute deluge of visitors’ once Covid-19 restrictions lift appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Owner of Welsh coastal park wants Stonehenge backby NationCymru on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:56 am
The owner of an attraction on Wales’ west coast has said that Stonehenge should be carted back and erected on his land to attract tourists. Lyn Jenkins of Cardigan Island Coastal Farm Park made the comments in the Western Telegraph newspaper which serves the area. It was revealed last month The post Owner of Welsh coastal park wants Stonehenge back appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Couple who made £149,000 from second home involved in raffling off another by Gareth Hughes on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:55 am
A couple who raked in a £149,000 profit from selling their second home in a public raffle is involved in raffling off another. Ryan McLean and Katherine Jablonowski, who sold tickets to raffle off the old Cwellyn cottage in Criccieth or ‘Cwellyn Dream’ for £5 each, have now set up The post Couple who made £149,000 from second home involved in raffling off another appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
- Council leader resigns after calling Plaid Cymru Senedd Member a ‘cow’by NationCymru on Mawrth 6, 2021 at 6:20 pm
The leader of Neath Port Talbot Council has resigned after a recording emerged of him calling a Plaid Senedd Member a “cow”. Councillor Rob Jones made the comment about Plaid Cymru Senedd Member Bethan Sayed at a meeting in 2019. The Labour councillor said the recording was edited to make The post Council leader resigns after calling Plaid Cymru Senedd Member a ‘cow’ appeared first on Nation.Cymru.
WalesOnline - News Rss feed from WalesOnline
- Nurse who organised protest against NHS pay rise fined £10,000by email@example.com (Helen William, Steve Robson, Robert Rowlands) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:27 pm
The police say they had no choice
- This is how much your council tax rise will in Swansea in 2021by firstname.lastname@example.org (Richard Youle) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:24 pm
There was a disagreement about what the increase should be but cross-party praise for the efforts […]
- Review ordered into death of Ruth Williams who was killed by her husbandby email@example.com (PA Reporters) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:48 pm
Home Secretary Priti Patel said she was "not satisfied" with Torfaen Council's decision not to […]
- New UK Covid daily death toll at lowest level for almost five monthsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Danya Bazaraa, Robert Rowlands) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:34 pm
Here is the latest official data
- The cancer nurse who fought her own battle with breast cancer in a pandemicby email@example.com (Lucy John) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Lynne Phillips is urging others to not put off getting symptoms checked, despite the coronavirus […]
- Scenes in sunny lockdown Wales as people flocked outsideby firstname.lastname@example.org (Philip Dewey) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 8:58 pm
Cardiff Bay and Swansea Beach were among the locations that were busy with people out walking
- Lockdown rules changes that could be confirmed in Wales next weekby email@example.com (Philip Dewey) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 7:08 pm
First Minister Mark Drakeford will be announcing the Welsh Government's latest review on lockdown […]
- Police shut down outdoor Sunday market in Welsh cityby firstname.lastname@example.org (Nathan Bevan) on Mawrth 7, 2021 at 6:41 pm
It was the first one this year but it barely lasted a couple of hours, despite organisers saying […]
The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- Coronavirus live news: US passes 90m vaccinations; UK daily deaths drop to 82on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:16 am
Norway should prepare for more restrictions, says PM; Italy records 207 deaths; Israel reopens […]
- Meghan and Harry Oprah interview live: Duchess says 'I didn't want to be alive any more'by Helen Sullivan on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:15 am
Highly-anticipated prime time two-hour special with Duke and Duchess of Sussex airs as […]
- Myanmar police occupy hospitals in Yangon ahead of national strikeby Guardian staff and agencies on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 1:59 am
Human rights group says move is a breach of international law as labour unions call for extended […]
- Government to spend £9m on Whitehall 'situation room'by Clea Skopeliti on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:23 am
Confirmation of project follows other expensive revamps that have drawn ire after 1% NHS pay offer […]
- Face masks safe to use during intense exercise, research suggestsby Phoebe Weston on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:01 am
‘Limited’ cardiology research also shows mask wearing likely to reduce spread of coronavirus in […]
- Mel Marshall: 'With equality and diversity, spectacular things can be achieved'by Paul MacInnes on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:01 am
Adam Peaty’s coach discusses the Olympics and what female coaches bring to the world of sport on […]
- UK public urged to find statues of women for gender gap databaseby Phoebe Weston on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:01 am
Campaigners hope list of sculptures and busts will help redress imbalance in civic monumentsPeople […]
- NHS to use world's most expensive drug to treat spinal muscular atrophyby Phoebe Weston on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:01 am
Zolgensma, which costs £1.79m for one-off treatment, will be available in England this year for […]
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- 'I went into it naively': Meghan speaks about marrying into the Royal Familyon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 1:22 am
Meghan and Harry are speaking to Oprah Winfrey in an interview being aired in the US. Here are some of the key quotes...
- Meghan tells Oprah she contemplated suicide and claims there were 'concerns' about Archie's skin colouron Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:37 am
Meghan and Harry's tell-all interview with Oprah Winfrey is under way in the US, with the Duchess of Sussex claiming there were "concerns" about baby Archie's skin colour before he was born and saying she had suicidal thoughts during her time in the Royal Family.
- Review ordered into 'appalling case' of woman killed by husband in first lockdownon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:43 pm
A review into the "appalling case" of a woman who was killed by her husband during the UK's first lockdown has been ordered by the home secretary.
- Boy, 17, killed after 'metal pole touched electrical line' in Lancashireon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 9:03 pm
A 17-year-old boy has died after it is thought a group of children touched an overhead electrical line with a metal pole.
- Queen hails 'unity' in Commonwealth address ahead of Sussexes' Oprah interviewon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 5:22 pm
The Queen has delivered a message of unity and collaboration with the Commonwealth as the world watches Harry and Meghan's Oprah interview.
- World is watching George Floyd's murder trial but the hope his death will change history is fragileon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 5:08 pm
Another black man dying in police custody was nothing new in America.
- UK daily COVID deaths dip below 100 for the first time since last Octoberon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 4:05 pm
The UK has recorded a further 82 coronavirus deaths and 5,177 cases in the last 24 hours, government figures show.
- Police discover fresh CCTV footage containing last sighting of missing Sarah Everardon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 3:42 pm
Detectives have released new information about the last sighting of missing Sarah Everard.
- PM criticises Iran with Nazanin's fate still unclear despite ankle tag removalon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 11:57 am
Prime Minister Boris Johnson has said it is "totally unacceptable" that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe is unable to leave Iran after her sentence ended.
- UK should prepare now for 'difficult autumn' and 'hard winter', warns senior health officialon Mawrth 7, 2021 at 10:44 am
The UK should prepare for a "difficult autumn" due to the threat of new coronavirus variants emerging and a potential surge in other respiratory viruses, a senior health official has warned.
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Prince Harry and Meghan were married three days before the royal weddingon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:32 am
Meghan, 39, revealed to Oprah Winfrey that the couple actually wed three days before their royal wedding on May 19, 2018.
- French billionaire Olivier Dassault dies aged 69 in helicopter crashon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:31 am
The billionaire politician Olivier Dassault, 69, had been flying over Touques, near Deauville in the Normandy region of France when his aircraft went down on Sunday.
- Meghan Markle reveals she and Prince Harry are expecting a baby GIRLon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:31 am
The Duchess of Sussex had claimed she entered the Royal Family 'naively' and didn't do any research about her husband or the institution before entering it.
- Meghan claims Royals banned Archie from being Prince because of concerns over how 'dark' he would beon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:29 am
Meghan Markle today used her Oprah Winfrey interview to accuse the Royal Family of having 'concerns' about 'how dark' Archie's skin would be before he was born.
- Critics' Choice Awards 2021: British winners are revealedon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:28 am
The actress, 25, and Crown star, 30, led the British stars to win big at the awards show, which kicked off in style on Sunday night.
- Critics' Choice Awards 2021 Gillian Anderson wins Best Supporting Actress for Margaret Thatcher roleon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:27 am
Gillian Anderson's Critics' Choice Award acceptance speech was mired by a glitchy internet connection on Sunday night.
- It's a girl! Meghan and Harry announce the gender of second child during bombshell Oprah interviewon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:24 am
The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who are now residing in Montecito, California, are preparing to welcome a sister for their young son Archie later this year.
- 'The Palace lied about me to protect other royals': Meghan tells Oprah she was 'silenced'on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:24 am
Meghan Markle today told Oprah Winfrey that Palace officials failed to protect her and 'were willing to lie to protect other members of the Royal family.'
- British billionaire is charged with pistol murder in Namibiaon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:19 am
Tycoon Harvey Boulter, 51, has been charged with murder after his employee Gerhard van Wyk, 54, was shot during a scuffle at a barbecue on his farm in Namibia on February 27.
- Meghan Markle reveals Sarah Ferguson taught her how to curtsy before she met the Queenon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 2:14 am
Speaking to Oprah Winfrey during her and Harry's explosive CBS interview this evening, the Duchess, 39, claimed she wasn't aware of the royal custom during private meetings.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Huge explosions rock Equatorial Guinea's main cityon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 1:22 am
At least 15 people have died and hundreds more have been injured in the city of Bata.
- Lewes FC: The football club that pays women the same as menon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:27 am
Lewes FC is the only club in the world that pays its women's team the same as its men.
- Covid child brides: 'My family told me to marry at 14'on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:24 am
A Unicef report shows ten million more underage girls may be forced to marry due to the pandemic.
- Women set for '£100,000 pension pay gap' with menon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:17 am
A young woman today would have to work 40 years more to retire with the same amount, research suggests.
- Naga Munchetty: It’s time to talk about raceon Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:12 am
Naga Munchetty travelled across the UK to understand what race and racism means today.
- Cladding rules: New guidance to help flat owners stuck in 'limbo'on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:11 am
The recommendations aim to reduce the number of safety checks banks request on blocks of flats.
- A year ago, the show did not go on. What happened next?on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:09 am
From actors to ushers, read the stories of those who worked on a play that was cut short by Covid.
- London Zoo: Second Easter in lockdown loomson Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:08 am
London Zoo staff explain how they - and the animals - have coped in their most difficult year.
- The woman with HIV helping others have a 'good death'on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:08 am
In the country with the world's highest prevalence of HIV, Thembi Nkambule doesn't want people to die of Aids ashamed and alone.
- 'Deepfake is the future of content creation'on Mawrth 8, 2021 at 12:03 am
Deepfake, or AI-generated videos, are increasingly being used commercially.
02:30 08/03/2021 Linc
Meghan speaks about marrying into the British royal family reut.rs/30zDTGB pic.twitter.com/gHIzm25gjx;
02:30 08/03/2021 Linc
WATCH: This steakhouse in New York City offers dining with celebrity wax figures reut.rs/37O6fAz pic.twitter.com/X6b4BSOo30;
02:25 08/03/2021 Linc
Brooks Koepka withdraws from The Players Championship reut.rs/3sZioLc pic.twitter.com/8RJ77bYtai;
02:25 08/03/2021 Linc
Friends of George Floyd reflect on his striving, at times stumbling life before the trial of former Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin, charged with second-degree murder and manslaughter in Floyd's death reut.rs/3efLf9Y pic.twitter.com/lqjNwu3mCN;
02:20 08/03/2021 Linc
Meghan says UK royals refused to make her son a prince due to skin colour concerns reut.rs/3elWBcC pic.twitter.com/A8G4AQnYGt;
02:20 08/03/2021 Linc
WATCH: Sudanese moviegoers are enjoying what organizers are saying is their first drive-in cinema after a festival showcasing the country’s resurgent, post-uprising film scene moved outdoors this year reut.rs/3sI2TY5 pic.twitter.com/yNcEpFan0p;
02:15 08/03/2021 Linc
Game of drones: Chinese giant DJI hit by U.S. tensions, staff defections reut.rs/3kRtyiu pic.twitter.com/nZ3MkNLLpc;
02:15 08/03/2021 Linc
The home of artist Frida Kahlo, now a museum, reopens for visitors in Mexico City pic.twitter.com/Mx8sWtjjGy;
02:10 08/03/2021 Linc
China reports 19 new mainland COVID-19 cases vs 13 a day earlier reut.rs/3bpM2DF pic.twitter.com/it089Jb4sI;