The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics day six: swimming, men’s golf and women’s rugby sevens begin and more – live!by Emma Kemp (now) and Tom Lutz (earlier) on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:52 am
Games schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverageGallery: Tokyo 2020 Day Five in picturesSign […]
- The lobbying push that killed off a fight to save the Great Barrier Reefby Presented by Michael Safi with Graham Readfearn; produced by Ned Carter Milesand Axel Kacoutié; executive producers Archie Bland and Phil Maynard on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:00 am
The successful campaign to keep the Great Barrier Reef off Unesco’s ‘in danger’ list has been […]
- Bob Odenkirk condition stable after ‘heart related incident’ on Better Call Saul setby Guardian staff and agencies on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:44 am
The actor was rushed to hospital after he collapsed while filming the final series of the […]
- Love Is Blind: After the Altar review – even true love cannot be worth a night like thisby Elle Hunt on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:13 am
Netflix’s new three-part follow-up asks viewers to spend a lot of time catching up with people we […]
- US Senate votes to advance infrastructure deal after bipartisan breakthroughby Joan E Greve in Washington and agency on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 12:32 am
Agreement, which follows months of talks between Democrats and Republicans, was hailed by Biden as […]
- Dell pulls energy-hungry gaming PCs in six US states after failing efficiency rulesby Reuters on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 12:25 am
Manufacturer halts shipments of some Alienware Aurora R10 and R12 PCs because they use so much […]
- Chemical leak at Houston facility leaves two dead and 30 people hospitalizedby Associated Press on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:52 pm
About 100,000 pounds of an acetic acid mixture – which can severely burn skin and is toxic if […]
- Belgium opens manslaughter investigation over flood deathsby Guardian staff and agencies on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:43 pm
A magistrate will look at whether possible failings in the alert system led to the country’s […]
04:55 29/07/2021 Linc
Fiscal stimulus, vaccines likely fueled U.S. economic growth in the second quarter reut.rs/3f9yL3n pic.twitter.com/gXqqJNa4YM;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Samsung Electronics reported a 54% rise in second-quarter profit driven by high chip prices and better than expected demand, and forecast a strong demand for memory chips in the second half and a recovery in the mobile market to 2019 levels reut.rs/3l9dOcS pic.twitter.com/Mb8sciQpsT;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Cambodia to impose COVID-19 lockdowns in areas bordering Thailand reut.rs/2V3rQ4V pic.twitter.com/hMJDlgB4xS;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Cheering and applause broke out as British swimmer Tom Dean won the men's 200m freestyle gold at the #OlympicGames pic.twitter.com/7Sry54vUZZ;
04:45 29/07/2021 Linc
Athletics-World champion vaulter Kendricks out of Games with COVID reut.rs/3ydyWSL pic.twitter.com/3KHBshMixY;
04:45 29/07/2021 Linc
A high-ranking aide to Nancy Pelosi stopped short of confirming a report, based on garbled audio, that the House speaker called her Republican counterpart Kevin McCarthy ‘a moron’ because of his opposition to a new mask wearing directive reut.rs/3ia6SKD pic.twitter.com/So1XiXAoNj;
04:40 29/07/2021 Linc
Infrastructure deal overcomes hurdle to advance in U.S. Senate reut.rs/3C2xoNY pic.twitter.com/tKVqysuJnt;
04:40 29/07/2021 Linc
British girl band @LittleMix joined the starry line-up at Madame Tussauds in London, with the wax museum unveiling the chart-topping group's replicas to mark their 10-year anniversary reut.rs/3laJfDt pic.twitter.com/VCrAsnht7z;
04:35 29/07/2021 Linc
New Mexican vigilante group's sympathizers set fire to government offices, businesses reut.rs/2Wy1xEz pic.twitter.com/e97tgnZzPw;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Helen Glover 'proud' despite finishing fourth but excited to return home to her kidson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:24 am
Despite missing out on a medal, Helen Glover says she is "incredibly proud" to finish fourth in her Olympic final but is itching to get home to her kids.
- Violence against Jewish people quadrupled in London after Israel-Gaza conflict in Mayon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Violence against Jewish people in London reached a "worrying" level in May following escalating tension in the Middle East, new figures show.
- 'No current plans' for another series of The X Factor, ITV confirmson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:23 pm
ITV and Simon Cowell have "no plans" for another series of The X Factor.
- Liverpool fan becomes 97th victim of the Hillsborough disaster 32 years after the tragedyon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 10:24 pm
A Liverpool fan who suffered life-changing injuries in the Hillsborough disaster has been confirmed as the 97th victim of the tragedy following his death this week.
- 'I made a mistake': Wayne Rooney apologises to family and club over online imageson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Wayne Rooney has apologised to his family and Derby County over images that surfaced online of him at a private party.
- UK summer temperatures may hit 40C even if global warming is limited to 1.5C, scientist have warnedon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 8:10 pm
2020 was the first year since records began to rank in the top 10 for heat, rainfall and sunshine, according to the Met Office.
- ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill has died aged 72, says US rock groupon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Dusty Hill, the bassist in the American rock group ZZ Top, has died aged 72.
- 'I'm more than my accomplishments': Simone Biles thanks supporters for the 'outpouring love and support'on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 5:34 pm
America's superstar gymnast Simone Biles has thanked supporters for the "outpouring love & support" she has received after pulling out of two events at the Tokyo Olympics.
- New Zealand is best placed to survive a global collapse of society, study suggestson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 9:24 am
New Zealand is the country most likely to survive a collapse of global civilisation, researchers have said.
- The incredible journey of Team GB athlete who turned down Oxford and sought NFL stardom before Tokyo Gameson Gorffennaf 27, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Lawrence Okoye could have been one of Britain's biggest stars of the London 2012 Olympics.
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Twitter announces closure of NYC and San Francisco offices after new CDC guidance on Deltaon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:33 am
Twitter on Wednesday announced the permanent closure of its two largest offices - San Francisco, where its headquarters are, and New York - owing to the latest CDC guidance on COVID.
- Breaking Bad star Bob Odenkirk is in stable condition after experiencing 'a heart related incident'on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:10 am
Bob Odenkirk, 58, is stable in hospital, his rep confirmed on Wednesday night, after a 'heart related incident' on the set of Better Call Saul saw him rushed to hospital in New Mexico on Tuesday.
- Judge rules Shakira must face trial in Spain over tax evasion claimon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:24 am
Spanish prosecutors accuse the 44-year-old Colombian singer of six offences, which could result in jail time if she is convicted.
- Helen Glover MISSES OUT on third straight Olympics gold medal in women's coxless pairs finalon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:30 am
Helen Glover could not make it a third Olympic gold medal in as many Games after finishing fourth in the women's coxless pairs final with Polly Swann.
- Wayne Rooney says sorry to his family and admits he 'made a mistake' over hotel room photographson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:29 am
The married father-of-four, 35, said he was 'looking forward to moving forward' just hours after he paid the three party girls £1 to buy the copyright to the images after accusing them of blackmail.
- ALISON BOSHOFF: The £5m payday that Johnny says is Rottenon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:23 am
ALISON BOSHOFF: This is the story of a feud both rotten and vicious; a falling-out which has reached the High Court. At stake is a payday of as much as £5 million per person.
- Australian commentators try to explain Aussie slang to colleagues at Tokyo Olympics beach volleyballon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:15 am
Australian commentators have awkwardly tried to bridge the language barrier at the Tokyo Olympics by taking the time to explain the origins of 'g'day' to a Japanese colleague.
- Top US forecaster Nate Silver says Professor Ferguson is 'overconfident' in Covid predictionson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:15 am
Professor Ferguson, from Imperial College, had predicted that the third wave could lead to a huge surge in infections, with up to 100,000 new cases a day by next month.
- Join the GREEN Party to save the planet, says Boris Johnson's climate change spokeswomanon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:13 am
The remark comes after Allegra Stratton faced criticism for advising the public not to rinse their dishes before they put them into a dishwasher to help tackle climate change.
- Hillsborough claims its 97th victim as coroner rules Andrew Devine was unlawfully killedon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:11 am
Andrew Devine, from Mossley Hill, was 22 years old when he went to watch Liverpool take on Nottingham Forest in the FA Cup semi final played in Sheffield on 15 April 1989.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Tokyo Olympics: Team GB's Duncan Scott wins 200m individual medley semi-finalon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:58 am
Watch as Team GB's Duncan Scott swims his way into the 200m individual medley final where he will try to win his third medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics: USA's Caeleb Dressel breaks Olympics record to win 100m freestyleon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:22 am
Watch as USA swimmer Caeleb Dressel wins the 100m freestyle to claim his second gold at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics rowing: Ireland's Paul O'Donovan & Fintan McCarthy win lightweight men's double scullson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:05 am
Ireland win their first gold medal of the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games as Paul O'Donovan and Fintan McCarthy claim the lightweight men's double sculls.
- Tokyo Olympics: Emily Craig and Imogen Grant miss out on lightweight double sculls medalon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:26 am
Watch as Emily Craig and Imogen Grant miss out on a lightweight double sculls medal by just 0.01 seconds at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics: Helen Glover and Polly Swann finish fourth in women's pairon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:22 am
Great Britain's rowers were left further frustrated on Thursday as two more Olympic medal hopes narrowly miss out on the podium in Tokyo.
- Tokyo Olympics: James Wilby sixth as Zac Stubblety-Cook win men's 200m breaststrokeon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:05 am
Great Britain's James Wilby finishes sixth as Zac Stubblety-Cook sets a new Olympic record to win gold in the men's 200m breaststroke final in Tokyo.
- Hillsborough: Fan injured in stadium disaster dies 32 years lateron Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:04 am
Andrew Devine's family says the coroner's ruling confirms him as the 97th victim of the 1989 tragedy.
- Tokyo Olympics: Fintan McCarthy and Paul O'Donovan win Ireland's first Olympic rowing goldon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:39 am
Watch Finton McCarthy and Paul O'Donovan make history by winning Ireland's first Olympic rowing gold with victory in the men's lightweight double sculls.
- Pingdemic: Bar staff being told to delete NHS appon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 12:28 am
One in five hospitality workers are isolating, and some are being told to delete the NHS Covid app.
- UK already undergoing disruptive climate changeon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 12:15 am
Last year was the third warmest, fifth wettest and eight sunniest on record in the UK, scientists warn.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Children’s TV show Arthur to end after 25 seasonsby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:53 am
The series, which first aired in 1996, is based on the popular book series by Marc Brown, who created the Arthur character in 1976.
- Helen Glover proud but keen to return home after missing rowing medalby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:37 am
The mother of three and Polly Swann finished fourth in the Olympic women’s pairs final.
- Celtic will bounce back after Champions League qualifying round lossby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:30 am
Two of Postecoglou’s summer signings were in quarantine.
- What the papers say – July 29by The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:20 am
The Thursday papers cover more moves to continue Britain’s emergence from the pandemic, plus a possible end to Northern accents.
- US Senate votes to start work on Joe Biden’s infrastructure dealby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:10 am
It includes the most significant long-term investments in nearly a century, but it was unclear if enough senators will support its final passage.
- Helen Glover insists this time it’s definitely the end of her Olympic careerby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:01 am
Glover and Swann finished fourth in the women’s pairs final.
- Stormont ministers to consider relaxing international travel rulesby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:45 am
A self-isolation exemption for Uefa dignitaries attending the Super Cup next month will be among proposals examined by the executive on Thursday.
- Concerns raised over risk of new Covid variant as travel restrictions easedby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Much of the UK is to allow people visiting from the US and EU who are fully vaccinated to enter without the need to quarantine.
- ‘Super committee’ created to examine draft Online Safety Billby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:01 pm
MPs and peers have launched a new committee to scrutinise the Government’s proposed legislation for regulating online platforms.
- Clubs can bounce back from coronavirus pandemic as more sustainable – Deloitteby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The combined football market across the ‘big five’ European leagues contracted by 13 per cent in 2019/20