The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- Coronavirus live news: EU to rule on J&J vaccine safety; India records nearly 1.6m cases in a weekby Martin Belam (now) and Helen Sullivan (earlier) on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:09 am
EU drug regulator to make ruling on Tuesday; India government says all adults to be eligible for […]
- ‘I was alone, I had nothing’: from child refugee to student nurseby Helena Smith in Athens on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
Ahtisham Khan arrived in Greece, aged 16, after fleeing Pakistan. A new initiative is helping […]
- ‘It would be glorious’: hopes high for Biden to nominate first Black woman to supreme courtby Tom McCarthy on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
Activists welcome stated intent to fulfil campaign promise and finally elevate a judge ‘that […]
- Invisible TVs and a giraffe called Don: extraordinary Midlands scenes – in picturesby Guardian Staff on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
John Myers captures quietly ordinary images of people, places – and sometimes animals – often […]
- Places of Mind by Timothy Brennan review – a generous and heartfelt biography of Edward Saidby Ahdaf Soueif on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
An intimate portrait of the public intellectual by a former student underlines Said’s mastery of […]
- Ignore the rhetoric: the UK government still fails to grasp the climate crisis | Chris Venablesby Chris Venables on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
Boris Johnson needs a coherent approach to meeting green targets that goes beyond Cop26It’s been […]
- Local elections 2021: a visual guide on what to expect in Englandby Ashley Kirk on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
More than 5,000 seats up for grabs in county councils, district councils and unitary […]
- An outbreak of post-lockdown teenage mayhem? I’m thrilled to see itby Emma Beddington on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
Kids are reacclimatising, like the rest of us. After a year of boring responsibility, I’m […]
05:20 20/04/2021 Linc
China's crude oil imports from Saudi up 8.8% y/y in March, UAE shipments jump reut.rs/3emQlQu pic.twitter.com/5Qxsy1PwJe;
05:20 20/04/2021 Linc
Building barriers and pushing for decoupling will harm others and benefit no one, Chinese President Xi Jinping said in his keynote speech at the annual Boao Forum for Asia reut.rs/3as00nE pic.twitter.com/X6ZtfNcuee;
05:20 20/04/2021 Linc
A labor group has filed objections to Amazon's conduct during an election of warehouse workers in Alabama, saying it prevented employees from a ‘free and uncoerced exercise of choice’ on whether to create the company's first-ever U.S. union reut.rs/32rNqjA pic.twitter.com/4JFro67bmf;
05:15 20/04/2021 Linc
Former U.S. vice president Walter Mondale dies at 93 -Axios reut.rs/2P2SHLw pic.twitter.com/CSkE2TKnpW;
05:11 20/04/2021 Linc
Thai tycoon Sarath Ratanavadi is trying to wrestle control of the country’s top telecom operator. The $5.4 bln buyout puts its current Singaporean owners in an awkward spot, explains @ugalani: bit.ly/3sz6yqw pic.twitter.com/Ig7yE72d4o;
05:10 20/04/2021 Linc
This Hungarian cake shop is serving up an antidote to vaccine anxiety reut.rs/3edFzfb pic.twitter.com/HFHrKHf8eo;
05:05 20/04/2021 Linc
Pacers' Myles Turner out indefinitely with toe injury reut.rs/3x9JTVy pic.twitter.com/KZByT9dMB2;
05:05 20/04/2021 Linc
This four-legged robot dog named ‘Spot,’ developed by the U.S. company Boston Dynamics, is training with Dutch police reut.rs/3x95Zav pic.twitter.com/f3fYEXax3e;
05:00 20/04/2021 Linc
Wrist healed, Hornets' LaMelo Ball cleared for activity reut.rs/2QyVSel pic.twitter.com/TkJv6QLGMs;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Recovery for payrolled workers hits reverse gear as lockdowns take tollon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:26 am
The number of payrolled workers in the economy slipped back in March, ending three months of recovery from the coronavirus employment crisis.
- European Super League chairman: 'We're doing this to save football'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:03 am
The chairman of the new European Super League has defended the tournament, saying those involved are doing it to save football.
- Wales to further relax COVID restrictions as infection rate continues to fallon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 2:52 am
Coronavirus restrictions in Wales are to be further relaxed from Saturday with six people from different households able to meet outdoors.
- Police broke COVID self-isolation rules due to 'confusion' and staffing fearson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 2:35 am
Some police forces did not follow self-isolation rules last year due to "confusion" and fears over lack of staffing, according to a report.
- Police to search Tesla after vehicle crash that killed two peopleon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 1:07 am
Police in Texas will serve search warrants on Tesla after a vehicle crash which killed two people.
- UK set to shift target for reducing emissions ahead of world leaders summiton Ebrill 19, 2021 at 9:29 pm
The UK government is expected to make a significant announcement on reducing its emissions to help tackle climate change, Sky News understands.
- Derek Chauvin's trial over George Floyd's killing told: 'This wasn't policing, this was murder'on Ebrill 19, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Derek Chauvin's trial has heard the fatal case of George Floyd "wasn't policing, this was murder", as both sides made their closing arguments.
- Liverpool boss Klopp stands by opposition to Super League - and was 'not involved' in planon Ebrill 19, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said he did not find out about the European Super League until its announcement - and stood by previous comments in opposition to the idea.
- UK's roads like 'the surface of the moon' causing record levels of pothole damageon Ebrill 19, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Many of the UK's roads look like "the surface of the moon", the RAC has said, after a record rise in the number of pothole-related breakdowns the company has dealt with.
- Jury in Derek Chauvin trial out to consider verdict - this is what happens nexton Ebrill 19, 2021 at 4:57 pm
The fate of Derek Chauvin is now in the hands of 12 jurors.
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- US condemns Russian plan to block the Black Sea as 'yet another unprovoked escalation'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:26 am
Russian state media have reported that Moscow intends to close parts of the Black Sea to foreign military and official ships for six months.
- DAN WOOTTON: Prince Charles heads to his Welsh bolthole to privately grieve for his fatheron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:25 am
DAN WOOTTON: Prince Charles has left for his cottage in Wales to privately grieve the loss of his father - following an extraordinary summit with Prince William and Prince Harry.
- Two police officers are forced to apologise after they were caught kissing in patrol caron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:23 am
One witness said they saw the officers kissing for 20 minutes in the carpark in Blackburn, Lancashire.
- Bride shows off her diamante-encrusted wedding dress but what is that tattoo?on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:22 am
Photos shared in a private Facebook group dedicated to shaming 'cringe-worthy wedding photos' on Sunday showed garish emoji tattoos protruding out from underneath a Canadian bride's gown.
- Heiress to Butlin's fortune, 23, is banned from pubs after smashing a glass in her friend's faceon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:20 am
Sacha Butlin, 23, hit Thomas Henry Le Vavasseur Dit Durell, 25, with the glass after drinking half a bottle of vodka during a night out at a club in St Helier, Jersey.
- The Gospel sowing doubt on Covid jabson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:17 am
SUE REID :Bishop Climate was discovered last year offering A bogus Covid-19 'cure' in a mysterious-looking oil-filled bottle, marketed as 'Plagues Divine Protection'.
- JOHN STAPLETON on the 'cure' that killed his wife Lynn Faulds Woodon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:16 am
JOHN STAPLETON: Lynn Faults Wood suffered a stroke caused by a disease of which few people have heard. A disease with the hard-to-remember name of antiphospholipid syndrome
- Cruel, absurd and shameful: DR RENEE HOENDERKAMP's verdict on funeral ruleson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:16 am
DR RENEE HOENDERKAMP: Why are we still seeing such miserably restricted funerals, particularly for mourners who have had at least one dose of the vaccine?
- Prince Harry wrote 'very hurt' father a 'deeply personal letter' ahead of Prince Philip's funeralon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:15 am
In his letter, Prince Harry 'outlined his reasons for leaving' his position as a senior royal in order to emigrate to California and said he would 'respect the institution', sources told The Mirror.
- Demi Lovato doubles down on her attack of LA frozen yogurt shop The Bigg Chillon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:46 am
The 28-year-old singer stood firm by her actions on Monday in a new social media post.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- UK jobs market 'remains subdued'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:19 am
The unemployment rate fell to 4.9% in the three months to February, official figures show.
- European Super League: PM to meet football officials over breakaway groupon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:06 am
Boris Johnson says the plan is "ludicrous" but Real Madrid's president says it will "save football".
- Brexit: Boris Johnson promises to end GB-NI trade barrierson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:36 am
The prime minister says he will take steps to end “ludicrous barriers” to trade between NI and GB.
- Lord's Knight Riders? The story of how an IPL brand is spreading around the worldon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:16 am
Venky Mysore, CEO of Kolkata Knight Riders, tells BBC Sport how he plans to revolutionise franchise cricket across the world.
- Scottish election 2021: Can independence supporters force another referendum?on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:13 am
In the first of two Scottish election pieces we explore the differences in the pro-independence movement.
- Covid contracts: PPE fixer who was Tory donor named in admin erroron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:11 am
Samir Jassal, who has campaigned with the PM, was a contact in a £100m deal for Covid safety gear.
- Newspaper headlines: 'Great game robbery' and 'red card from Wills'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:24 am
Opposition and anger towards the European Super League plans dominate Tuesday morning's front pages.
- Former US Vice-President Walter Mondale dies aged 93on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:36 am
Jimmy Carter's running mate lost heavily to Ronald Reagan in the 1984 presidential election.
- James Charles: YouTube temporarily demonetises beauty influenceron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:05 am
The YouTuber admitted to messaging with 16-year-old boys earlier this month.
- George Floyd: US city on edge as jury deliberates Chauvin verdicton Ebrill 20, 2021 at 1:20 am
Security is ramped up in Minneapolis as jurors retire in the trial into the death of George Floyd.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Boris Johnson to host meeting with football bosses and fans over Super Leagueby The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:10 am
The Prime Minister vowed prior to Tuesday’s meeting he will do everything possible to give the ‘ludicrous’ new competition a ‘straight red’.
- Carabao Cup provides an important step on sport’s road to recovery from Covid-19by NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
Manchester City face Tottenham in front of 8,000 fans at Wembley.
- Carabao Cup final: Manchester City’s route to Wembleyby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
City are eyeing a fourth-successive League Cup triumph.
- Carabao Cup final: Tottenham’s route to Wembleyby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
Spurs have had an eventful journey through this season’s competition.
- Talking points ahead of the Carabao Cup final between Manchester City and Spursby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
City are eyeing further domination of the League Cup while Spurs are hoping to end a 13-year wait for a trophy.
- Liverpool’s James Milner hopes European Super League proposal does not go aheadby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:27 am
The plan has provoked widespread outrage, with high-profile figures from football and politics uniting to condemn the proposals.
- PM vows to show the European Super League a ‘straight red’by The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:09 am
Mr Johnson said he was ‘horrified’ by the plan by the Premier League’s ‘Big Six’ to stage a breakaway competition.
- Tottenham search for new manager ahead of cup final after sacking Jose Mourinhoby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:30 am
The announcement came three days after a 2-2 draw at Everton.
- Walter Mondale, former US Vice President, dies aged 93by The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:30 am
He was the first major-party presidential nominee to put a woman on the ticket.
- Football authorities consider next move in fight against European Super Leagueby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:30 am
The ‘Big Six’ clubs will be excluded from an emergency Premier League meeting on Tuesday to discuss a response to the proposals.