The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- World Series Game 2: Atlanta Braves v Houston Astros – live!by Hunter Felt on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:08 am
Email Hunter with your thoughts or tweet @HunterFeltGame 1: Series starts with teams in court of […]
- DNA from Sitting Bull’s hair confirms US man is his great-grandsonby Reuters on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:48 pm
Study is the first time DNA from a long-dead person was used to demonstrate a familial link between […]
- Covid live: UK records 207 deaths and 43,941 new cases; Novavax files for UK approvalby Nadeem Badshah (now); Hannah Ritchie,Martin Belam ,Samantha Lock (earlier) on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:18 pm
UK deaths are up compared to last Wednesday; Novavax asking UK watchdog to approve its Covid jabUK […]
- World’s chief scientists urge Cop26 attendees to step up low-carbon policiesby Fiona Harvey Environment correspondent on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Signatories include scientists from US, EU, India and African and South American countriesChief […]
- UK advertisers poised to spend an extra £1bn on Christmas campaignsby Mark Sweney on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Broadcast extravaganzas to return as British companies forecast to spend a record £7.9bn, up 13% […]
- Latest figures reveal how pandemic shaped UK radio listening habitsby Jim Waterson Media editor on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
First figures since 2020 show boom in speech radio but public loses appetite for music breakfast […]
- I used to be a compulsive liar. Should I reach out to someone I hurt or leave it in the past? | Leading questionsby Eleanor Gordon-Smith on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:00 pm
Try not to apologise just to soothe the shame and fear, writes advice columnist Eleanor […]
- Rust shooting: film’s assistant director admits gun was not thoroughly checkedby Gloria Oladipo in New York on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:55 pm
In an affidavit, Dave Halls told investigators he ‘should have checked all’ the rounds as […]
00:20 28/10/2021 Linc
Singapore looking into unusual surge after record COVID-19 cases reut.rs/3Co3raQ pic.twitter.com/LFiTBGnzXH;
00:20 28/10/2021 Linc
Rome’s Fiumicino Airport is getting ready for flying electric taxis by 2024 that can carry passengers into the city center in around 15 minutes, compared with 45 minutes or more by a car reut.rs/2ZDkRlv pic.twitter.com/BlWErAceBg;
00:15 28/10/2021 Linc
Top House tax writer says billionaires' proposal out of Biden plan -Bloomberg reut.rs/3pP5OjD pic.twitter.com/sdkEedNeRs;
00:10 28/10/2021 Linc
Ecuador president calls for dialogue with indigenous on second day of protests reut.rs/3BkcEj1 pic.twitter.com/HWuU1qD5tA;
00:10 28/10/2021 Linc
Fashion company Rent the Runway makes Wall Street debut with a starting $1.7 billion valuation pic.twitter.com/NIene4N6Ba;
00:05 28/10/2021 Linc
Facebook asks employees to preserve internal documents for legal inquiries reut.rs/3mjbe3Y pic.twitter.com/Te0cd5pYct;
00:05 28/10/2021 Linc
‘It is unfortunately not surprising for us to hear that Facebook knew of these problems,’ White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said when asked about reporting that showed Facebook is struggling to stay on top of coronavirus and vaccine misinformation reut.rs/3nxkW25 pic.twitter.com/0EYhpAuURt;
00:01 28/10/2021 Linc
EBay revenue outlook disappoints as pandemic-led boom fades reut.rs/3Cqnaqu pic.twitter.com/yHfwGxsirC;
00:00 28/10/2021 Linc
A pistol used on the set of the film 'Rust' was not thoroughly checked before being given to actor Alec Baldwin, who fired a live lead bullet in an accidental fatal shooting last week in New Mexico, according to officials and a new court filing reut.rs/3BnYQE2 pic.twitter.com/miIOSZF9wy;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Camilla condemns how society has come to believe 'violence against women is normal'on Hydref 27, 2021 at 8:53 pm
The Duchess of Cornwall has condemned the way society has come to believe that "violence against women is normal", asking: "How many more women must be harassed, raped or murdered?"
- Glasgow hit by floods just days before city hosts COP26 - with warning of more heavy rain to comeon Hydref 27, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Glasgow has been hit by flooding just days before the city hosts the crucial climate change summit COP26.
- COP26 outcome 'in the balance' as reaching agreement will be a 'big challenge', president sayson Hydref 27, 2021 at 7:44 pm
The president of the COP26 UN climate summit has told Sky News it is unclear if the crucial meeting will be a success and it is currently hanging “in the balance”.
- Beth Rigby on why Sunak's optimistic budget may soon look very out of touch with the peopleon Hydref 27, 2021 at 4:11 pm
It was Rishi Sunak's third budget, but in some ways it was his first.
- Alec Baldwin film set shooting: Police recover bullet fired from gunon Hydref 27, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Police say they are in possession of the "lead projectile" fired from the gun used by actor Alec Baldwin when he shot and killed a cinematographer on the set of his new film, Rust.
- France releases list of possible sanctions it could impose against UK over fishing disputeon Hydref 27, 2021 at 1:22 pm
France has released a list of possible sanctions it could impose against the UK over a row involving issues with fishing licences.
- Chancellor unveils tax cuts and benefits boost as he warns of 'challenging' months aheadon Hydref 27, 2021 at 9:40 am
Chancellor Rishi Sunak has set out a series of tax cuts and a boost to benefits to help Britons with the cost of living, as he warned of "challenging" months ahead due to the continuing COVID pandemic and rising inflation.
- Every key announcement you need to know from the budgeton Hydref 27, 2021 at 5:20 am
Here are the key points from Chancellor Rishi Sunak's budget speech:
- 'It could happen to anyone': Victim of spiked needle attack in Preston says she's 'shocked' and 'upset' by incidenton Hydref 26, 2021 at 10:34 am
A teenager who was spiked by a needle at a Preston nightclub has said she is "shocked" and "upset" after the "disgusting" incident.
- Budget calculator: Find out if you are better or worse offon Hydref 26, 2021 at 8:44 am
Are you richer or poorer?
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Sister of fugitive 'drug kingpin' Mostafa Baluch believes he has been kidnappedon Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:22 am
The sister of fugitive 'drug kingpin' and restauranteur Mostafa Baluch who bragged about having $30million in savings and running the country's cocaine market believes he has been kidnapped.
- Angelina Jolie is supported by children at UK gala screening of Eternalson Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:19 am
The actress, 46, was joined by her children, Shiloh, 15, Zahara, 16, Vivienne, 13, Maddox, 20, and Knox, 13, with her son Pax, 17, being her only child not in attendance.
- Gordon Ramsay reveals his daughter Tilly made him 'very proud' when she stood up to Steve Allenon Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:18 am
Gordon Ramsay revealed on Wednesday he is 'very proud' of his daughter Tilly, 19, for standing up to LBC host Steve Allen, 67.
- Tories' glee at wallet-busting Big Spender would make even Shirley Bassey blush, writes HENRY DEEDESon Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:16 am
HENRY DEEDES: Rishi's Budget turned out to be another wallet-busting spendathon. The sort of hell-for-leather spree a footballer's wife might go on after her fella's been caught in flagrante.
- Criminals mail out items for gratis to random homes then create fake sales with bogus reviewson Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:16 am
The 'brushing' con by crooked Amazon sellers creates fake sales which are followed by a flood of bogus positive reviews. Which? estimates over a million homes in the UK may have been targeted.
- Outrageous WA muck-up day scavenger hunt by Year 12 students that horrified school bosses on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:15 am
Checklists shared by Year 12 students in Bunbury, Western Australia awarded points for increasingly lewd and illegal acts - with participants told to post 'evidence' of the stunts on social media.
- Historic water tower and two-bedroom house hidden behind wall in the running for UK's best buildingon Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:13 am
The Royal Institute of British Architects announced 20 projects in the running to win the UK's most prestigious award for a new house or extension, which have been presented since 1966.
- Dividend tax increase could hit 2.5m investors for more than £3billion over five years, experts warnon Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:11 am
The 1.25 per cent increase in dividend tax will hit around 2.5million savers by an average of £355 a year, Budget papers revealed yesterday.
- Pay-la! Guitar once owned by Eric Clapton could fetch half a million dollars at rock auction on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:07 am
The Layla singer's instrument will go under the hammer in the US alongside almost 1,000 items owned by stars including Led Zeppelin, Whitney Houston, Michael Jackson and Elvis Presley.
- Twice as many grieving families will pay inheritance tax by 2026, spending watchdog predicts on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:03 am
Britain's Office for Budget Responsibility believes that 6.5 per cent of estates will face the 40 per cent death tax burden by 2026 - up from 3.7 per cent last year.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Agnes Wanjiru murder: Army chief appalled by Kenyan murder allegationson Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:05 am
Agnes Wanjiru was allegedly murdered by a British soldier nearly 10 years ago.
- Breakfast radio shows lost listeners during pandemicon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:42 pm
Many DJs lose audiences as the ratings body unveils the first figures under a new measurement system.
- Climate change: Polls shows rising demand for government actionon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:35 pm
Ahead of COP26, a BBC World Service poll finds growing support for strong political leadership.
- Charles and Camilla launch centenary poppy appealon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:34 pm
They meet 10 volunteer collectors for the Royal British Legion at a Clarence House event.
- Budget 2021: How green is Chancellor Rishi Sunak?on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:33 pm
From planes and trains to insulation - this is how green the Budget looked ahead of COP26 starting on Sunday.
- Abuse survivor fights for justice after 70 yearson Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:16 pm
A victim of sexual abuse in a children's home in the 1950s wants an inquiry and an apology.
- Covid passes set to stay as Europe heads for winteron Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:15 pm
There have been protests but much of Europe has accepted the QR codes as a means of extending freedoms.
- The plumber giving 'white van man' an eco-makeoveron Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:12 pm
Plumber Martin Broer explains why he swapped his van for an electric cargo bike.
- Joy Division: Photographer Kevin Cummins on capturing the post-punk iconson Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:11 pm
Photographer Kevin Cummins on turning his Joy Division photos into a time capsule of the city.
- How the pandemic made us more adventurous drinkerson Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:07 pm
Sales of more unusual drinks have soared since the start of the pandemic.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Rishi Sunak’s message to Tories: I will cut taxes before next electionby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The Chancellor had unveiled a big-spending Budget which increased taxation to levels not seen since the end of the Second World War.
- Some alcohol brands ‘should do more’ to cut chance of children seeing adsby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The ASA said it found that some alcohol brands could and should have done more to minimise the possibility of their ads being delivered to children.
- Barcelona sack first-team coach Ronald Koemanby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:59 pm
The midweek defeat was the club’s fourth in their last six matches.
- Ronald Koeman pays the price after Barcelona lose at Rayo Vallecanoby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Barca have lost four of their last six matches.
- Thomas Frank impressed by Brentford’s ‘attitude, discipline and intensity’by NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:35 pm
The Bees claimed a 2-1 win at Stoke to reach the last eight of the Carabao Cup.
- Five suspects arrested after four men found with stab wounds in Norwichby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Norfolk Constabulary are urging witnesses to the incidents to get in touch.
- Brendan Rodgers pleased Leicester could win on ‘poignant day’ for the clubby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:17 pm
The tie fell on the third anniversary of the helicopter crash which killed five people, including former Foxes chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool ‘did not play well’ against Prestonby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:08 pm
The Reds advanced to the last eight of the Carabao Cup.
- No excuses for Rangers’ poor showing against Aberdeen – Steven Gerrardby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:07 pm
It was an emotional night at Ibrox following the death of former manager Walter Smith.
- US issues first passport with gender ‘X’ rather than male or femaleby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:05 pm
Dana Zzyym became the first person to receive the gender X passport after fighting a battle with US authorities for six years.