The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- Texas school shooting: tributes to victims pour in – latest updatesby Sam Levin (now), Joanna Walters, Lauren Aratani and Martin Belam (earlier) on Mai 26, 2022 at 1:01 am
Families speak out after the attack: ‘I’ll never forget that smile’Gunman sent private […]
- Russia-Ukraine war: what we know on day 92 of the invasionby Samantha Lock and Léonie Chao-Fong on Mai 26, 2022 at 12:34 am
Eastern city of Sievierodonetsk increasingly in danger of being encircled as Ukraine’s foreign […]
- Biden signs police reform executive order on anniversary of George Floyd’s murderby Lauren Gambino in Washington on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:51 pm
Measure addresses use of force and other policies after broader legislation stalled in CongressJoe […]
- Deal proposed by China would dramatically expand security influence in Pacificby Kate Lyons on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:46 pm
Leaked copy of draft shows Beijing wants more involvement in policing, cybersecurity and marine […]
- Twitter to pay $150m to settle claims it wrongly shared users’ phone numbersby Guardian staff and agencies on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:45 pm
US regulators allege the company gave advertisers user contact information collected in the name of […]
- Duelling diplomacy in the Pacific should dispel the notion of a China-Australia reset | Richard McGregorby Richard McGregor on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:27 pm
However much either side tempers their rhetoric, regional competition is the name of the gameChina […]
- Review calls for child protection overhaul in England after two deathsby Patrick Butler Social policy editor on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
Report in wake of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes and Star Hobson killings proposes new specialist teamsChild […]
- Stars at Noon review – languid tale of sex, lies and intrigue in the Nicaraguan heatby Peter Bradshaw on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:00 pm
Benny Safdie stands out among a strangely lethargic cast in Claire Denis’ erotic and intimate […]
23:55 25/05/2022 Linc
Commodities in 'perfect storm' says ERG, as crisis starts super cycle reut.rs/39Xw05m pic.twitter.com/MQTev75PfD;
23:50 25/05/2022 Linc
Bacteria with antibiotic resistant genes discovered in Antarctica, scientists say reut.rs/3MOpblf pic.twitter.com/VWJ6yrAlsv;
23:45 25/05/2022 Linc
U.S. FAA vows 'immediate action' after Capitol security scare reut.rs/3yZYvtR pic.twitter.com/bklGGHSpOo;
23:45 25/05/2022 Linc
Yemen is searching for new wheat suppliers but will need help to pay for increasingly costly imports, as the World Food Programme warned of cuts to food aid for millions already living on the brink of famine reut.rs/3NC7W6N pic.twitter.com/BXt69AGU5A;
23:40 25/05/2022 Linc
Supreme Court prioritizes expedience, not justice, in wrongful convictions reut.rs/3NANXFv pic.twitter.com/et5QiGnQFL;
23:35 25/05/2022 Linc
Texas massacre shocks, but gunfire at U.S. schools at record high reut.rs/3NxQ2lC pic.twitter.com/DrGLjvhU8P;
23:30 25/05/2022 Linc
Texas seeks discipline for top lawyer over 'dishonest' election claims reut.rs/3sUy9Ws pic.twitter.com/lpvaJnt8rn;
23:30 25/05/2022 Linc
A 'humbled' Boris Johnson said he took full responsibility after a damning official report detailed a series of illegal lockdown parties at the British prime minister's Downing Street office reut.rs/3m1PAAB pic.twitter.com/uwjj1gtpKm;
23:25 25/05/2022 Linc
Beto O'Rourke heckles Texas leaders at shooting news conference reut.rs/3GmU8KR pic.twitter.com/5q3dqrWaLu;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Rape trial guidance for prosecutors could 'deter' women from seeking supporton Mai 25, 2022 at 11:40 pm
Guidance for rape trial prosecutors could "dramatically reduce protection and rights to privacy" for victims and turn them away from "vital" therapy, campaigners have warned.
- 'I didn't want to let go of my kids this morning': Grief, love, kindness and anger over Texas school killingson Mai 25, 2022 at 11:29 pm
In a small town like Uvalde, there is no avoiding the shockwave of what happened on Tuesday morning.
- Celebration timings for Queen's Platinum Jubilee weekend revealedon Mai 25, 2022 at 9:38 pm
The timings for the Platinum Jubilee weekend have been unveiled with the celebrations just over a week away.
- My lover murdered my daughter in a jealous rage, Star Hobson's jailed mother tells familyon Mai 25, 2022 at 6:07 pm
The mother of the murdered toddler Star Hobson has told family members that she believes her lover killed her daughter in a jealous rage because she told her she was leaving her.
- PM insists UK needs to move on from partygate after damning Sue Gray reporton Mai 25, 2022 at 4:31 pm
Boris Johnson has insisted the UK needs to move on from partygate after the Sue Gray report revealed a slew of lockdown-breaching events at Downing Street.
- Review into deaths of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes and Star Hobson calls for dedicated child protection teamson Mai 25, 2022 at 2:45 pm
A review into the deaths of Arthur Labinjo-Hughes and Star Hobson has called for dedicated child protection teams made up of police, healthcare staff and social workers to be set up in every local area.
- Kate Moss says Johnny Depp 'never pushed me, kicked me or threw me down any stairs'on Mai 25, 2022 at 2:12 pm
Kate Moss has said Johnny Depp "never" pushed her down any stairs, contrary to rumours discussed by Amber Heard during the ex-couple's defamation trial in the US.
- Briton has double hand transplant in 'world's first' for scleroderma patienton Mai 25, 2022 at 1:11 pm
A man whose hands were left unusable by a rare disease has been given a new lease of life after what is believed to be the world's first double hand transplant for the condition.
- Gunman's chilling messages revealed: I'm going to kill grandma, then shoot a schoolon Mai 25, 2022 at 12:52 pm
The Texas gunman who killed 19 children and two teachers in the deadliest school shooting in America for a decade gave three stark warnings before his murderous rampage.
- Two sets of 10-year-old cousins among Texas school shooting victimson Mai 25, 2022 at 6:20 am
Two sets of 10-year-old cousins and two teachers are among those who have been named as victims of a massacre at a Texas primary school that left 21 people dead.
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Ukraine city suffers all-out blitz as Russia throws 'all the strength it has left' into attackon Mai 26, 2022 at 1:06 am
Russian troops last night reached the limits of the eastern Ukrainian city of Severodonetsk - with fears relentless attacks will turn it into 'the new Mariupol'.
- Dog owner left heartbroken after her puppy is 'run over and killed by two boys riding an e-scooter'on Mai 26, 2022 at 12:59 am
Susan Leigh, 63, had taken her nine-month-old Poodle, Rupert, along the Walkden to Little Hulton Loop Line in Salford when the pooch was allegedly knocked down.
- Buckingham Palace unveils timings for Queen's Jubilee on Mai 26, 2022 at 12:56 am
Buckingham Palace have unveiled what will happen as the nation pays tribute to the Queen's 70 years as sovereign next weekend - from Trooping the Colour to concerts.
- Now you can RENT your children's clothes from John Lewis: Retail giant launches subscription schemeon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:52 am
It can be very frustrating. You buy your child a nice new outfit - only for them to grow out of it, seemingly, within weeks. John Lewis may have a neat solution tailored to fix this age-old problem.
- Scottish father-of-three, 48, becomes first double hand transplant recipienton Mai 26, 2022 at 12:46 am
Steven Gallagher, 48, was diagnosed with scleroderma, an autoimmune disease that causes scarring of the skin and internal organs, after developing an unusual about 13 years ago
- TMZ was tipped off to Amber Heard filing a restraining order against Johnny Depp at LA courton Mai 26, 2022 at 12:37 am
Morgan Tremaine, a former field assignment manager with TMZ, said that he dispatched photographers to get pictures Amber Heard at the LA court in May 2016 after they were tipped off.
- Emma Raducanu is 'overwhelmed' by the pressure of being a Grand Slam winner, says John McEnroeon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:36 am
This marks Raducanu's second consecutive second round exit from a Grand Slam as she struggles to replicate the heroics that won her a stunning victory at the US Open in 2021.
- Princess Mary and Prince Federik celebrate the 90th anniversary of the Royal Yacht Dannebrogon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:28 am
Princess Mary and Crown Prince Frederik looked every bit the loved up couple on Wednesday celebrating the 90th anniversary of the Royal Yacht Dannebrog.
- Texas school shooting: How massacre at Robb Elementary unfoldedon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:06 am
Salvador Ramos, 18, on Tuesday committed the deadliest US school massacre since the Sandy Hook shooting nearly a decade ago, going on a rampage at Robb Elementary.
- As Thomas Markle lies gravely ill, RICHARD KAY gives some friendly advice on Mai 26, 2022 at 12:02 am
RICHARD KAY: Watching Prince Harry gallop across a sunlit polo field in southern California it was tempting to wonder if it brought back any nostalgic memories...
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Star Hobson and Arthur Labinjo-Hughes: Family concerns 'disregarded' - reporton Mai 26, 2022 at 12:29 am
Family concerns were "disregarded" in the cases of Star Hobson and Arthur Labinjo-Hughes, a report finds.
- Narva: The Estonian border city where Nato and the EU meet Russiaon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:13 am
Thousands of Ukrainians have streamed into Narva in Estonia, on the very edge of Nato's eastern flank.
- Moonage Daydream: David Bowie taught me how to live again, says film-makeron Mai 26, 2022 at 12:11 am
Moonage Daydream director Brett Morgen on how David Bowie helped him to recover from a heart attack.
- Monkeypox: How UK hospitals are tackling the outbreakon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:09 am
A network of five specialist NHS hospitals in England is treating some of those infected.
- The butterflies we may never see again in Britainon Mai 26, 2022 at 12:01 am
Scientists warn that 24 of Britain's butterfly species are in danger of dying out.
- Newspaper headlines: PM 'damaged but unbowed' as Gray report criticises No 10 cultureon Mai 25, 2022 at 11:58 pm
Thursday's front pages appear to be starkly divided over the fallout from Sue Gray's Partygate report.
- How can Ukraine's food be got out?on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:52 pm
Ukraine has crops that could help lower food prices, but there's no easy way of getting them.
- NeWater: Turning urine into beer in Singaporeon Mai 25, 2022 at 11:06 pm
Singapore's water agency came up with the drink to raise awareness of its scarcity issues.
- The meat and dairy farmers who are going veganon Mai 25, 2022 at 11:04 pm
Due to animal welfare and environment concerns, some farms are converting to vegan production.
- Jose Mourinho: 'A serial winner who has brought Roma to life'on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:04 pm
Roma's Europa Conference League final win means Jose Mourinho has won five European finals out of five and is a 'serial winner who has brought the Italian club to life'.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Boris Johnson shifts to cost-of-living crisis response after partygate reportby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:07 pm
Chancellor Rishi Sunak will announce a fresh package of measures a day after Sue Gray’s damning report.
- New digital platform launched to boost online safety lessons for childrenby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
The new Digital Matters platform is aimed at pupils in Years 5 and 6.
- New 145-mile cycling route launched to mark Kent Dayby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
The route passes through Canterbury, Whitstable, Folkestone and Dover.
- Operation Sceptre sees almost 2,000 arrests and thousands of knives seizedby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
The operation was undertaken by all 43 forces in England and Wales, as well as the British Transport Police.
- Concerns raised over guidance for prosecutors in rape trialsby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
Campaigners said new proposals could turns victims away from therapy services.
- Eight universities to be inspected over dropout rates and online learningby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
The majority of the business courses inspected have dropout rates of 40%.
- MoD contractors drop standards and ‘squeeze’ workers to increase profitsby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 11:01 pm
Outsourcing appeared to be the MoD’s default position, with little consideration to providing services in house, MPs said.
- Jose Mourinho toasts Roma’s success in first Europa Conference League finalby NewsChain Sport on Mai 25, 2022 at 10:45 pm
Nicolo Zaniolo scored the only goal of the game in Tirana.
- One ticket-holder scoops £8.5m Lotto jackpotby The Newsroom on Mai 25, 2022 at 10:32 pm
The winning numbers were 30, 31, 37, 45, 49, 56.
- Andre Esterhuizen honoured to win players’ player of the year awardby NewsChain Sport on Mai 25, 2022 at 10:00 pm
South African centre has been in imperious form for his club.