The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- Coronavirus live news: fears in Japan after record case rise; Cambodia locks down provinces bordering Thailandby Helen Sullivan on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:37 am
Cambodia’s lockdown bans most people from leaving their homes, gathering in groups and conducting […]
- Entire Australian athletics team in isolation at Tokyo Olympics after American tests Covid positiveby Mike Hytner on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:34 am
The move on the eve of the track and field events is a ‘precautionary measure’ after US pole […]
- Thursday briefing: UK recovery slows amid ‘pingdemic’by Warren Murray on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:31 am
Guardian analysis finds continued caution and worker shortages … Hillsborough’s 97th victim … […]
- Denmark faces legal action over attempts to return Syrian refugeesby Bethan McKernan, Rosie Swash and Annie Kelly on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:30 am
Activists fear a ‘dangerous precedent’ being set as Copenhagen uses a report that deems […]
- Tokyo 2020 Olympics day six: Australian athletics team in isolation, golf, rugby sevens and more – live!by Emma Kemp (now) and Tom Lutz (earlier) on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:30 am
Games schedule | Results | Medal table | Full coverageGallery: Tokyo 2020 Day Five in picturesSign […]
- TV tonight: a love triangle that may have led to murderby Ammar Kalia, Jack Seale, Ellen E Jones, Ali Catterall and Paul Howlett on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:20 am
A documentary charts police attempts to solve a perplexing killing. Plus: the best of Rob Beckett […]
- Blaxploitation salvation: film directors’ children on rescuing their fathers’ lost moviesby Ryan Gilbey on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:00 am
Melvin Van Peebles and Perry Henzell made seminal 70s films – now their kids have recovered their […]
- Nasa’s InSight lander reveals internal structure of Marsby Stuart Clark on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:00 am
Analysis of marsquakes captured since probe landed in 2018 shows the Martian crust is between 12 […]
04:55 29/07/2021 Linc
Fiscal stimulus, vaccines likely fueled U.S. economic growth in the second quarter reut.rs/3f9yL3n pic.twitter.com/gXqqJNa4YM;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Samsung Electronics reported a 54% rise in second-quarter profit driven by high chip prices and better than expected demand, and forecast a strong demand for memory chips in the second half and a recovery in the mobile market to 2019 levels reut.rs/3l9dOcS pic.twitter.com/Mb8sciQpsT;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Cambodia to impose COVID-19 lockdowns in areas bordering Thailand reut.rs/2V3rQ4V pic.twitter.com/hMJDlgB4xS;
04:50 29/07/2021 Linc
Cheering and applause broke out as British swimmer Tom Dean won the men's 200m freestyle gold at the #OlympicGames pic.twitter.com/7Sry54vUZZ;
04:45 29/07/2021 Linc
Athletics-World champion vaulter Kendricks out of Games with COVID reut.rs/3ydyWSL pic.twitter.com/3KHBshMixY;
04:45 29/07/2021 Linc
A high-ranking aide to Nancy Pelosi stopped short of confirming a report, based on garbled audio, that the House speaker called her Republican counterpart Kevin McCarthy ‘a moron’ because of his opposition to a new mask wearing directive reut.rs/3ia6SKD pic.twitter.com/So1XiXAoNj;
04:40 29/07/2021 Linc
Infrastructure deal overcomes hurdle to advance in U.S. Senate reut.rs/3C2xoNY pic.twitter.com/tKVqysuJnt;
04:40 29/07/2021 Linc
British girl band @LittleMix joined the starry line-up at Madame Tussauds in London, with the wax museum unveiling the chart-topping group's replicas to mark their 10-year anniversary reut.rs/3laJfDt pic.twitter.com/VCrAsnht7z;
04:35 29/07/2021 Linc
New Mexican vigilante group's sympathizers set fire to government offices, businesses reut.rs/2Wy1xEz pic.twitter.com/e97tgnZzPw;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- Helen Glover 'proud' despite finishing fourth but excited to return home to her kidson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 2:24 am
Despite missing out on a medal, Helen Glover says she is "incredibly proud" to finish fourth in her Olympic final but is itching to get home to her kids.
- Violence against Jewish people quadrupled in London after Israel-Gaza conflict in Mayon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:49 pm
Violence against Jewish people in London reached a "worrying" level in May following escalating tension in the Middle East, new figures show.
- 'No current plans' for another series of The X Factor, ITV confirmson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 11:23 pm
ITV and Simon Cowell have "no plans" for another series of The X Factor.
- Liverpool fan becomes 97th victim of the Hillsborough disaster 32 years after the tragedyon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 10:24 pm
A Liverpool fan who suffered life-changing injuries in the Hillsborough disaster has been confirmed as the 97th victim of the tragedy following his death this week.
- 'I made a mistake': Wayne Rooney apologises to family and club over online imageson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 8:48 pm
Wayne Rooney has apologised to his family and Derby County over images that surfaced online of him at a private party.
- UK summer temperatures may hit 40C even if global warming is limited to 1.5C, scientists warnon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 8:10 pm
2020 was the first year since records began to rank in the top 10 for heat, rainfall and sunshine, according to the Met Office.
- ZZ Top bassist Dusty Hill has died aged 72, says US rock groupon Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 7:34 pm
Dusty Hill, the bassist in the American rock group ZZ Top, has died aged 72.
- 'I'm more than my accomplishments': Simone Biles thanks supporters for the 'outpouring love and support'on Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 5:34 pm
America's superstar gymnast Simone Biles has thanked supporters for the "outpouring love & support" she has received after pulling out of two events at the Tokyo Olympics.
- New Zealand is best placed to survive a global collapse of society, study suggestson Gorffennaf 28, 2021 at 9:24 am
New Zealand is the country most likely to survive a collapse of global civilisation, researchers have said.
- The incredible journey of Team GB athlete who turned down Oxford and sought NFL stardom before Tokyo Gameson Gorffennaf 27, 2021 at 2:52 pm
Lawrence Okoye could have been one of Britain's biggest stars of the London 2012 Olympics.
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- ZZ Top founding member Dusty Hill dies in his sleep at home in Texas at age 72on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:43 am
Dusty Hill, a bassist for the band ZZ Top, died in his sleep while at home in Houston, Texas, according to his band mates Billy Gibbons and Frank Beard, who shared the news on Wednesday.
- Get ready to fry! UK summers are to hit 104F within the decade, forecasters warnon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:34 am
The jump to scorching temperatures of 40C (104F) in the UK could come within the decade and become a regular occurrence every three to four years by the end of the century.
- Tokyo Olympics: Team GB get their women's rugby sevens campaign off to the perfect starton Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:13 am
Great Britain scraped past the Russian Olympic Committee to see their women's rugby sevens bid begin with a victory. Team GB edged past their counterparts 14-12 in a tense Pool A encounter.
- Pfizer reports that third dose of vaccine could boost protection against Indian Delta varianton Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:13 am
Third dose of Pfizer vaccine may be especially valuable in combating the Delta variant. Clinical data released by the company finds that booster shots could increase antibody levels 11-fold for some.
- Helen Glover insists she will NOT make another rowing comeback for Team GB for 2024 Olympic Gameson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:57 am
Glover, who won in 2012 and 2016, only returned to training in March 2020 following four years away after starting a family and insisted she does not expect to make another comeback.
- Tokyo Olympics: Ireland win FIRST-EVER Olympic rowing gold ever in lightweight double sculls raceon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:56 am
The Irish duo of Fintan McCarthy and Paul O'Donovan overhauled Germany to win by under a second at the Sea Forest Waterway, with Italy taking a distant third.
- Breaking Bad star Bob Odenkirk is in stable condition after experiencing 'a heart related incident'on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:19 am
Bob Odenkirk, 58, is stable in hospital, his rep confirmed on Wednesday night, after a 'heart related incident' on the set of Better Call Saul saw him rushed to hospital in New Mexico on Tuesday.
- Simone Biles thanks fans for 'love and support' after her shock withdrawal at Tokyo Olympics on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:54 am
'The outpouring love & support I've received has made me realize I'm more than my accomplishments and gymnastics which I never truly believed before,' Biles tweeted on Wednesday night.
- Twitter announces closure of NYC and San Francisco offices after new CDC guidance on Deltaon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:33 am
Twitter on Wednesday announced the permanent closure of its two largest offices - San Francisco, where its headquarters are, and New York - owing to the latest CDC guidance on COVID.
- Tokyo Olympics: Emily Craig and Imogen Grant finish fourth in lightweight women's double scullon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:22 am
Team GB were dealt a cruel hand in the rowing once more as Emily Craig and Imogen Grant were pipped to a bronze medal by just one-hundredths of a second.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Tokyo Olympics: Australian athletics team isolating after close contact with Covid-19 caseon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:43 am
Multiple members of the Australian athletics team are isolating after coming into close contact with American pole vaulter Sam Kendricks, who has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Medal misses in rowing and swimming - what's happened so far on day six?on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:14 am
Day six of Tokyo 2020 has brought two more fourth-place finishes for Team GB in rowing, while swimmer James Wilby finishes sixth in the 200m breaststroke.
- Vishal Mehrotra: Police scrapped plans for schoolboy murder appealon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:08 am
The father of a murdered boy says a police decision not to appeal for information is "disgusting".
- The Papers: Travel 'hope' and 'health risk' over quarantine endon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:05 am
The papers cover the impact of the decision to ease quarantine for vaccinated US and EU travellers.
- Tokyo Olympics: Team GB's Kye Whyte and Bethany Shriever reach BMX racing semi-finalson Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:01 am
Watch as Team GB riders Kye Whyte and Bethany Shriever reach men's and women's BMX semi-finals at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics: Helen Glover rules out another Games bidon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:54 am
Britain's Helen Glover rules out another Olympics rowing bid after the mother of three's hopes of a fairytale finish at Tokyo 2020 are dashed.
- Outspoken billionaire Sun Dawu jailed for 18 years in Chinaon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:10 am
Sun Dawu has in the past been vocal in criticising authorities and has spoken out about human rights.
- Tokyo Olympics: Caeleb Dressel breaks Olympic record on way to second goldon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:07 am
American Caeleb Dressel sets an Olympic record on his way to winning the men's 100m freestyle gold as he aims to become one of the most successful swimmers at a Games.
- Tokyo Olympics: Team GB's Duncan Scott wins 200m individual medley semi-finalon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:58 am
Watch as Team GB's Duncan Scott swims his way into the 200m individual medley final where he will try to win his third medal at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Tokyo Olympics: USA's Caeleb Dressel breaks Olympics record to win 100m freestyleon Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:22 am
Watch as USA swimmer Caeleb Dressel wins the 100m freestyle to claim his second gold at the Tokyo Olympics.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Simone Biles thankful for ‘love and support’ sent her wayby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 5:18 am
The US star is still to decide if she will compete again at the Tokyo Olympics.
- Fintan McCarthy and Paul O’Donovan win Ireland’s first Olympic gold since 2012by NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:59 am
The duo became the first to win gold for Ireland since 2012.
- Emotional James Wilby sorry he could not win Olympic medal for his nurse motherby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:41 am
Wilby’s mum Fiona has been giving out vaccines in her role as an NHS nurse.
- Helen Glover proud but keen to return home after missing rowing medalby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 4:16 am
The mother of three and Polly Swann finished fourth in the Olympic women’s pairs final.
- Children’s TV show Arthur to end after 25 seasonsby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:53 am
The series, which first aired in 1996, is based on the popular book series by Marc Brown, who created the Arthur character in 1976.
- Celtic will bounce back after Champions League qualifying round lossby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:30 am
Two of Postecoglou’s summer signings were in quarantine.
- What the papers say – July 29by The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:20 am
The Thursday papers cover more moves to continue Britain’s emergence from the pandemic, plus a possible end to Northern accents.
- US Senate votes to start work on Joe Biden’s infrastructure dealby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:10 am
It includes the most significant long-term investments in nearly a century, but it was unclear if enough senators will support its final passage.
- Helen Glover insists this time it’s definitely the end of her Olympic careerby NewsChain Sport on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 3:01 am
Glover and Swann finished fourth in the women’s pairs final.
- Stormont ministers to consider relaxing international travel rulesby The Newsroom on Gorffennaf 29, 2021 at 1:45 am
A self-isolation exemption for Uefa dignitaries attending the Super Cup next month will be among proposals examined by the executive on Thursday.