The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- World Series Game 2: Atlanta Braves v Houston Astros – live!by Hunter Felt on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:53 am
Email Hunter with your thoughts or tweet @HunterFeltGame 1: Series starts with teams in court of […]
- I long for a day when gay footballers like me and Josh Cavallo don’t need to be so ‘brave’ | Andy Brennanby Andy Brennan on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:23 am
The Adelaide United player has given hope that coming out as gay in such a masculine environment […]
- Hong Kong doubles down on Covid restrictions to fall into line with mainland Chinaby Helen Davidson in Taipei on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:12 am
Carrie Lam appears willing to sacrifice city’s reputation as an international business centre to […]
- Facebook tells staff to preserve documents amid heated inquiriesby Guardian staff and agencies on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:48 am
Several agencies are investigating the company’s workings post former employee Frances Haugen’s […]
- Taiwan president says China threat growing ‘every day’ as Biden criticises Beijingby Agencies on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:41 am
Tsai Ing-wen says self-ruled island is ‘on the front lines’ in the fight for democracy, while […]
- DNA from Sitting Bull’s hair confirms US man is his great-grandsonby Reuters on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:48 pm
Study is the first time DNA from a long-dead person was used to demonstrate a familial link between […]
- Latest figures reveal how pandemic shaped UK radio listening habitsby Jim Waterson Media editor on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
First figures since 2020 show boom in speech radio but public loses appetite for music breakfast […]
- World’s chief scientists urge Cop26 attendees to step up low-carbon policiesby Fiona Harvey Environment correspondent on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
Signatories include scientists from US, EU, India and African and South American countriesChief […]
00:20 28/10/2021 Linc
Singapore looking into unusual surge after record COVID-19 cases reut.rs/3Co3raQ pic.twitter.com/LFiTBGnzXH;
00:20 28/10/2021 Linc
Rome’s Fiumicino Airport is getting ready for flying electric taxis by 2024 that can carry passengers into the city center in around 15 minutes, compared with 45 minutes or more by a car reut.rs/2ZDkRlv pic.twitter.com/BlWErAceBg;
00:15 28/10/2021 Linc
Top House tax writer says billionaires' proposal out of Biden plan -Bloomberg reut.rs/3pP5OjD pic.twitter.com/sdkEedNeRs;
00:10 28/10/2021 Linc
Ecuador president calls for dialogue with indigenous on second day of protests reut.rs/3BkcEj1 pic.twitter.com/HWuU1qD5tA;
00:10 28/10/2021 Linc
Fashion company Rent the Runway makes Wall Street debut with a starting $1.7 billion valuation pic.twitter.com/NIene4N6Ba;
00:05 28/10/2021 Linc
Facebook asks employees to preserve internal documents for legal inquiries reut.rs/3mjbe3Y pic.twitter.com/Te0cd5pYct;
00:05 28/10/2021 Linc
‘It is unfortunately not surprising for us to hear that Facebook knew of these problems,’ White House Press Secretary Jen Psaki said when asked about reporting that showed Facebook is struggling to stay on top of coronavirus and vaccine misinformation reut.rs/3nxkW25 pic.twitter.com/0EYhpAuURt;
00:01 28/10/2021 Linc
EBay revenue outlook disappoints as pandemic-led boom fades reut.rs/3Cqnaqu pic.twitter.com/yHfwGxsirC;
00:00 28/10/2021 Linc
A pistol used on the set of the film 'Rust' was not thoroughly checked before being given to actor Alec Baldwin, who fired a live lead bullet in an accidental fatal shooting last week in New Mexico, according to officials and a new court filing reut.rs/3BnYQE2 pic.twitter.com/miIOSZF9wy;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- US issues first gender-neutral 'X' passporton Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:49 pm
The United States has issued its first gender-neutral passport.
- Camilla condemns how society has come to believe 'violence against women is normal'on Hydref 27, 2021 at 8:53 pm
The Duchess of Cornwall has condemned the way society has come to believe that "violence against women is normal", asking: "How many more women must be harassed, raped or murdered?"
- Glasgow hit by floods just days before city hosts COP26 - with warning of more heavy rain to comeon Hydref 27, 2021 at 8:52 pm
Glasgow has been hit by flooding just days before the city hosts the crucial climate change summit COP26.
- Sunak to face questions on budget after vowing to build 'stronger economy'on Hydref 27, 2021 at 8:26 pm
Rishi Sunak will hit the airwaves to sell his budget later, after it was warned that the chancellor's economic set piece will leave the poorest families "far worse off".
- COP26 outcome 'in the balance' as reaching agreement will be a 'big challenge', president sayson Hydref 27, 2021 at 7:44 pm
The president of the COP26 UN climate summit has told Sky News it is unclear if the crucial meeting will be a success and it is currently hanging “in the balance”.
- People need to change their diet and flying habits to tackle climate crisis, chief scientific adviser warnson Hydref 27, 2021 at 6:02 pm
People will need to eat less meat and change their flying habits in order to tackle the climate crisis, the UK's chief scientific adviser has warned.
- Alec Baldwin film set shooting: Police recover bullet fired from gunon Hydref 27, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Police say they are in possession of the "lead projectile" fired from the gun used by actor Alec Baldwin when he shot and killed a cinematographer on the set of his new film, Rust.
- Every key announcement you need to know from the budgeton Hydref 27, 2021 at 5:20 am
Here are the key points from Chancellor Rishi Sunak's budget speech:
- 'It could happen to anyone': Victim of spiked needle attack in Preston says she's 'shocked' and 'upset' by incidenton Hydref 26, 2021 at 10:34 am
A teenager who was spiked by a needle at a Preston nightclub has said she is "shocked" and "upset" after the "disgusting" incident.
- Budget calculator: Find out if you are better or worse offon Hydref 26, 2021 at 8:44 am
Are you richer or poorer?
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Sister of fugitive 'drug kingpin' Mostafa Baluch believes he has been kidnappedon Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:59 am
The sister of fugitive 'drug kingpin' and restauranteur Mostafa Baluch who bragged about having $30million in savings and running the country's cocaine market believes he has been kidnapped.
- Rishi Sunak mobbed at pub hours after Budget that gave booze duty its biggest shake-up in 140 yearson Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:58 am
Rishi Sunak was pictured surrounded by crowds of drinkers outside the Two Chairmen in Westminster on Wednesday evening after delivering his speech in the House of Commons in the afternoon.
- NYC luxury condo featured in HBO's Succession hits the market for $23.3millionon Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:57 am
The duplex property, Pavilion A, is located on the 29th floor of 2 Park Place, which is the address of historic Woolworth Building, in the Tribeca section of Lower Manhattan.
- Historic water tower and two-bedroom house hidden behind wall in the running for UK's best buildingon Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:29 am
The Royal Institute of British Architects announced 20 projects in the running to win the UK's most prestigious award for a new house or extension, which have been presented since 1966.
- England's roadmap out of lockdown DID work, Neil Ferguson-led team sayson Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:24 am
Imperial College London researchers found the gradual reopening of society this year was 'largely successful at limiting infection levels' because of the vaccine rollout.
- EDEN CONFIDENTIAL: Ben Goldsmith risks local anger with his amorous swine on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:14 am
RICHARD EDEN: Ben Goldsmith has shaken things up since deciding to 'rewild' his £3.8 million estate in deepest Somerset, attracting beavers, boar and deer to the sleepy countryside.
- Train driver arrested after 'testing positive for cocaine when he crashed into station buffers'on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:13 am
The 39-year-old, from Essex, who has not been named, was said to be an 'experienced' driver however during a routine blood test, it is alleged that traces of cocaine were found.
- Macron wages Brexit war on UK: France threatens to BLOCK British ships from ports from next weekon Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:08 am
In response, Downing Street vowed to retaliate against Paris if it goes ahead with the 'disappointing and disproportionate' threat to impose sanctions.
- Outrageous WA muck-up day scavenger hunt by Year 12 students that horrified school bosses on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:06 am
Checklists shared by Year 12 students in Bunbury, Western Australia awarded points for increasingly lewd and illegal acts - with participants told to post 'evidence' of the stunts on social media.
- PAUL THOMAS on... Rishi Sunak's budgeton Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:02 am
PAUL THOMAS on... Rishi Sunak's budget
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Budget 2021: There has been a shift in Tory philosophy - ministeron Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:41 am
The Chief Secretary to the Treasury says he makes "no apologies" for spending on public services.
- Top US general says Chinese launch 'very concerning'on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:39 am
Gen Milley's comments were the first US acknowledgment of claims China tested a hypersonic missile.
- Alec Baldwin shooting: Criminal charges may be filed, prosecutor sayson Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:30 am
A US prosecutor says "all options are on the table" over the shooting involving actor Alec Baldwin.
- 'You have to prove your faith when you're dating as a black Muslim'on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:29 am
Radio 1 Newsbeat speaks to black Muslims about their experiences in the dating world and society.
- Agnes Wanjiru murder: Army chief appalled by Kenyan murder allegationson Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:05 am
Agnes Wanjiru was allegedly murdered by a British soldier nearly 10 years ago.
- Breakfast radio shows lost listeners during pandemicon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:42 pm
Many DJs lose audiences as the ratings body unveils the first figures under a new measurement system.
- Climate change: Polls shows rising demand for government actionon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:35 pm
Ahead of COP26, a BBC World Service poll finds growing support for strong political leadership.
- Charles and Camilla launch centenary poppy appealon Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:34 pm
They meet 10 volunteer collectors for the Royal British Legion at a Clarence House event.
- Budget 2021: How green is Chancellor Rishi Sunak?on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:33 pm
From planes and trains to insulation - this is how green the Budget looked ahead of COP26 starting on Sunday.
- Climate change: Can India meet its targets?on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:19 pm
As a major global climate summit approaches, is the Indian government on track to meet its own commitments?
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Teenage Satanist facing life behind bars for sisters’ murderby The Newsroom on Hydref 28, 2021 at 1:45 am
Danyal Hussein, 19, savagely stabbed Bibaa Henry, 46, and Nicole Smallman, 27, to death in a Wembley park in June last year.
- Flood warnings in place as southern Scotland hit by rainby The Newsroom on Hydref 28, 2021 at 12:47 am
The storm was expected to spread across Wales as the working week ends, the Met Office said.
- Rishi Sunak’s message to Tories: I will cut taxes before next electionby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The Chancellor had unveiled a big-spending Budget which increased taxation to levels not seen since the end of the Second World War.
- Some alcohol brands ‘should do more’ to cut chance of children seeing adsby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 11:01 pm
The ASA said it found that some alcohol brands could and should have done more to minimise the possibility of their ads being delivered to children.
- Barcelona sack first-team coach Ronald Koemanby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:59 pm
The midweek defeat was the club’s fourth in their last six matches.
- Ronald Koeman pays the price after Barcelona lose at Rayo Vallecanoby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:44 pm
Barca have lost four of their last six matches.
- Thomas Frank impressed by Brentford’s ‘attitude, discipline and intensity’by NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:35 pm
The Bees claimed a 2-1 win at Stoke to reach the last eight of the Carabao Cup.
- Five suspects arrested after four men found with stab wounds in Norwichby The Newsroom on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:26 pm
Norfolk Constabulary are urging witnesses to the incidents to get in touch.
- Brendan Rodgers pleased Leicester could win on ‘poignant day’ for the clubby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:17 pm
The tie fell on the third anniversary of the helicopter crash which killed five people, including former Foxes chairman Vichai Srivaddhanaprabha.
- Jurgen Klopp admits Liverpool ‘did not play well’ against Prestonby NewsChain Sport on Hydref 27, 2021 at 10:08 pm
The Reds advanced to the last eight of the Carabao Cup.