The Guardian Latest news, sport, business, comment, analysis and reviews from the Guardian, the world's leading liberal voice
- European Super League: backlash builds against breakaway plan – live!by Daniel Harris on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:28 am
Liverpool’s Klopp and Milner among dissenting voicesBarney Ronay: how greedy owners launched […]
- Coronavirus live news: EU to rule on J&J vaccine safety; India records nearly 1.6m cases in a weekby Martin Belam (now) and Helen Sullivan (earlier) on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:17 am
EU drug regulator to make ruling on Tuesday; India government says all adults to be eligible for […]
- UK unemployment rate drops to 4.9%, but payrolls fall again – business liveby Graeme Wearden on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:16 am
Rolling coverage of the latest economic and financial newsJobless rate falls to 4.9%But company […]
- Germany’s CDU backs Armin Laschet as chancellor candidate in September pollby Philip Oltermann in Berlin on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:08 am
State premier for North Rhine-Westphalia wins support over rival Markus Söder in bid to succeed […]
- Brutal European Super League breakaway snaps limited bonds of solidarity | David Connby David Conn on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:00 am
The outbreak of ruthless self-seeking greed is a sad self-inflicted crisis after the cooperation […]
- Morrissey hits back at The Simpsons over parody: ‘Complete ignorance’by Lucy Campbell and Ben Beaumont-Thomas on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:44 am
Singer and manager each post critical statements, with Morrissey complaining: ‘In a world […]
- Some police forces in England and Wales did not follow Covid rules, say inspectorsby PA Media on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:43 am
Report finds forces operated regimes contrary to national guidance or may have broken the law […]
- Invisible TVs and a giraffe called Don: extraordinary Midlands scenes – in picturesby Guardian Staff on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:00 am
John Myers captures quietly ordinary images of people, places – and sometimes animals – often […]
07:25 20/04/2021 Linc
New Zealand expects Australia 'travel bubble' to stay open despite new virus case reut.rs/3xbUAa7 pic.twitter.com/IS8HmjswYC;
07:20 20/04/2021 Linc
China plans $3 bln supercomputing centre to analyse data from space reut.rs/3ebioSI pic.twitter.com/DsH3RFIcs5;
07:20 20/04/2021 Linc
GameStop’s shares, which were at the heart of a Reddit-driven trading frenzy, jumped after the video game retailer said CEO George Sherman would resign on or before July 31 and that it had started looking for a successor reut.rs/3ej8xdu pic.twitter.com/dmYUQUTNBK;
07:15 20/04/2021 Linc
UAE central bank extends some stimulus measures until mid-2022 reut.rs/3sEOE64 pic.twitter.com/It5R3efdJF;
07:15 20/04/2021 Linc
As jurors in the murder trial of former policeman Derek Chauvin began deliberations, Minneapolis and other cities across the U.S. ramped up security measures, bracing for protests reut.rs/2QG7yMw pic.twitter.com/uhcNgaz3Qe;
07:10 20/04/2021 Linc
Oxygen shares, real and imaginary, rally as India battles virus surge reut.rs/3aoDrQF pic.twitter.com/unZWx1WFX7;
07:10 20/04/2021 Linc
Inspired by the lush oases in Tunisia, a Belgian artist has developed a 'portable oasis', cocooning his head in a bubble of air purified by the aromatic plants inside reut.rs/3twbWvW pic.twitter.com/VLb5NQXcxl;
07:05 20/04/2021 Linc
Damian Lillard and Jusuf Nurkic ruled out Tuesday vs. Clippers reut.rs/3arYEJz pic.twitter.com/XRtcYAgiJz;
07:00 20/04/2021 Linc
Thailand says has enough hospital space amid new coronavirus wave reut.rs/2Q8HoSL pic.twitter.com/46GTQtKzw3;
The Latest News from the UK and Around the World | Sky News Sky news delivers breaking news, headlines and top stories from business, politics, entertainment and more in the UK and worldwide.
- 'It's the end of the sport we love': James Corden 'heartbroken' by Super League planon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:08 am
TV host and West Ham fan James Corden delivered a passionate speech opposing the European Super League on his American chat show last night.
- European Super League chairman: 'We're doing this to save football'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:03 am
The chairman of the new European Super League has defended the tournament, saying those involved are doing it to save football.
- Wales to further relax COVID restrictions as infection rate continues to fallon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 2:52 am
Coronavirus restrictions in Wales are to be further relaxed from Saturday with six people from different households able to meet outdoors.
- Police broke COVID self-isolation rules due to 'confusion' and staffing fearson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 2:35 am
Some police forces did not follow self-isolation rules last year due to "confusion" and fears over lack of staffing, according to a report.
- UK set to shift target for reducing emissions ahead of world leaders summiton Ebrill 19, 2021 at 9:29 pm
The UK government is expected to make a significant announcement on reducing its emissions to help tackle climate change, Sky News understands.
- Derek Chauvin's trial over George Floyd's killing told: 'This wasn't policing, this was murder'on Ebrill 19, 2021 at 9:13 pm
Derek Chauvin's trial has heard the fatal case of George Floyd "wasn't policing, this was murder", as both sides made their closing arguments.
- Liverpool boss Klopp stands by opposition to Super League - and was 'not involved' in planon Ebrill 19, 2021 at 6:16 pm
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has said he did not find out about the European Super League until its announcement - and stood by previous comments in opposition to the idea.
- UK's roads like 'the surface of the moon' causing record levels of pothole damageon Ebrill 19, 2021 at 5:04 pm
Many of the UK's roads look like "the surface of the moon", the RAC has said, after a record rise in the number of pothole-related breakdowns the company has dealt with.
- Jury in Derek Chauvin trial out to consider verdict - this is what happens nexton Ebrill 19, 2021 at 4:57 pm
The fate of Derek Chauvin is now in the hands of 12 jurors.
- Super League club executive admits owners 'not worried about PR' after starting 'nuclear war' within footballon Ebrill 19, 2021 at 8:27 am
Home | Mail Online MailOnline - get the latest breaking news, showbiz & celebrity photos, sport news & rumours, viral videos and top stories from MailOnline, Daily Mail and Mail on Sunday newspapers.
- Boris Johnson will vow to cut carbon emissions by nearly 78 per centon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:35 am
The deeper cuts - which will see reductions of 78 per cent on 1990 levels by 2035 - will be confirmed in the coming days. Boris Johnson will announce the move ahead of a climate summit in the US.
- Demi Lovato doubles down on her attack of LA frozen yogurt shop The Bigg Chillon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:30 am
The 28-year-old singer stood firm by her actions on Monday in a new social media post.
- Trinny Woodall, 57, pulls out a chunk of hair and stores it in a jar as she reveals her hair losson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:30 am
The fashion guru, 57, pulled a clump of hair out of her scalp on Sunday and stored it in a jar as she discussed her recent hair loss to her Instagram followers.
- Heiress to Butlin's fortune, 23, is banned from pubs after smashing a glass in her friend's faceon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:27 am
Sacha Butlin, 23, hit Thomas Henry Le Vavasseur Dit Durell, 25, with the glass after drinking half a bottle of vodka during a night out at a club in St Helier, Jersey.
- More than 810,000 UK workers have lost jobs since start of pandemicon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:27 am
The number of UK workers on payrolls has fallen by 813,000 since March 2020 due to the impact of the pandemic, according to the Office for National Statistics.
- Police issue images of 48 dogs rescued from traveller camp in Suffolk to reunite them with ownerson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:22 am
More than 80 animals were seized last month when officers investigating a series of pet thefts raided a Travellers' site on the outskirts of Ipswich. Police are trying to reunite the dogs with their owners.
- TikTok foodies are now making Kinder chocolate toasties in the latest food trendon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:17 am
Foodie Adrian Ghervan, from London, has wowed millions after he created an epic two-ingredient toastie oozing with melted chocolate.
- Gazumping by removals! How to avoid your firm moving a higher bidderon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:17 am
The removals industry remains largely unregulated, so anyone can set themselves up as a man and van removals firm. We look at what you can do pick a reliable removals company.
- Trump says he's 'beyond seriously' looking at running in 2024 as he slams Biden on borderon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:16 am
The former president, in his first televised interview since leaving the White House, said he was looking seriously at another presidential campaign, and attacked Biden's border policies.
- Two police officers are forced to apologise after they were caught kissing in patrol caron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:15 am
One witness said they saw the officers kissing for 20 minutes in the carpark in Blackburn, Lancashire.
BBC News - Home BBC News - Home
- Super League created to save football, says Real president Perezon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:19 am
The European Super League has been created "to save football", says Real Madrid president Florentino Perez.
- Climate change: UK to speed up target to cut carbon emissionson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 7:06 am
The PM says carbon emissions must fall by almost 80% by 2035 - 15 years earlier than previously planned.
- European Super League: PM to meet football officials over breakaway groupon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:57 am
Boris Johnson says the plan is "ludicrous" but Real Madrid's president says it will "save football".
- UK jobs market 'remains subdued'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:56 am
The unemployment rate fell to 4.9% in the three months to February, official figures show.
- Covid-19: Lockdown to ease further in Wales and job market 'remains subdued'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:47 am
Five things you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic this Tuesday morning.
- Brexit: Boris Johnson promises to end GB-NI trade barrierson Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:37 am
The prime minister says he will take steps to end “ludicrous barriers” to trade between NI and GB.
- Lord's Knight Riders? The story of how an IPL brand is spreading around the worldon Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:16 am
Venky Mysore, CEO of Kolkata Knight Riders, tells BBC Sport how he plans to revolutionise franchise cricket across the world.
- Scottish election 2021: Can independence supporters force another referendum?on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:13 am
In the first of two Scottish election pieces we explore the differences in the pro-independence movement.
- Covid contracts: PPE fixer who was Tory donor named in admin erroron Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:11 am
Samir Jassal, who has campaigned with the PM, was a contact in a £100m deal for Covid safety gear.
- Newspaper headlines: 'Great game robbery' and 'red card from Wills'on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:24 am
Opposition and anger towards the European Super League plans dominate Tuesday morning's front pages.
NewsChain Visit now for the latest news direct from NewsChain and updated throughout the day
- Football rumours from the mediaby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 6:16 am
Julian Nagelsmann is reportedly Tottenham’s preferred replacement for Jose Mourinho.
- Johnson set to announce further cuts to UK emissionsby The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:29 am
The new target would be in line with the recommendations of the Climate Change Committee.
- Boris Johnson to host meeting with football bosses and fans over Super Leagueby The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:10 am
The Prime Minister vowed prior to Tuesday’s meeting he will do everything possible to give the ‘ludicrous’ new competition a ‘straight red’.
- Carabao Cup provides an important step on sport’s road to recovery from Covid-19by NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
Manchester City face Tottenham in front of 8,000 fans at Wembley.
- Carabao Cup final: Manchester City’s route to Wembleyby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
City are eyeing a fourth-successive League Cup triumph.
- Carabao Cup final: Tottenham’s route to Wembleyby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
Spurs have had an eventful journey through this season’s competition.
- Talking points ahead of the Carabao Cup final between Manchester City and Spursby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 5:00 am
City are eyeing further domination of the League Cup while Spurs are hoping to end a 13-year wait for a trophy.
- Liverpool’s James Milner hopes European Super League proposal does not go aheadby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:27 am
The plan has provoked widespread outrage, with high-profile figures from football and politics uniting to condemn the proposals.
- PM vows to show the European Super League a ‘straight red’by The Newsroom on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 4:09 am
Mr Johnson said he was ‘horrified’ by the plan by the Premier League’s ‘Big Six’ to stage a breakaway competition.
- Tottenham search for new manager ahead of cup final after sacking Jose Mourinhoby NewsChain Sport on Ebrill 20, 2021 at 3:30 am
The announcement came three days after a 2-2 draw at Everton.