RailAdvent All the latest Railway News from around the UK, covering heritage and mainline train companies. Plus Video clips, photos and more. We also have an event calendar of upcoming events at heritage railways.
- Govia Thameslink Railway unveils new recycling initiative in Brightonby Alan Holden on Medi 20, 2021 at 2:20 pm
Govia Thameslink Railway, as part of National Recycling Week, which runs from the 20th - 26th […]
- New LNER mural unveiled at York football stadiumby Victoria Thompson on Medi 20, 2021 at 1:14 pm
Rail operator, London North Eastern Railway unveiled a new 100ft mural at the LNER Community […]
- Southeastern aims to encourage supportiveness in new videoby Cameron White on Medi 20, 2021 at 11:17 am
Southeastern has launched a new video, with an aim to inspire passengers to be patient and […]
- Flying Scotsman steam locomotive to visit Salisbury this Tuesdayby Michael Holden on Medi 20, 2021 at 10:02 am
60103 Flying Scotsman is back on the mainline and is heading to Salisbury on a special railtour.
- Tree management work to take place at Dalgety Bay stationby Cameron White on Medi 20, 2021 at 9:15 am
Network Rail has announced work near Dalgety Bay to reduce lineside vegetation.
- Steam locomotive to visit Lancaster, Preston and Carlisle this Tuesdayby Michael Holden on Medi 20, 2021 at 8:01 am
One of the steam locomotives based at Carnforth will pass through Preston and Ribblehead this […]
Network Rail Network Rail – we run, look after and improve Britain's railway
- Why do we have platform zeros? Trackside Tara explainsby Jennifer Bollen on Medi 15, 2021 at 6:00 am
You may have heard us talk about platform zeros as a result of a station upgrades. What are they […]
- The Architecture the Railways Built – Newcastleby Jennifer Bollen on Medi 14, 2021 at 9:49 am
Historian Tim Dunn has returned for a third series of The Architecture the Railways Built on […]
- Bristol upgrades – what we’ve achieved so farby Jennifer Bollen on Medi 7, 2021 at 12:40 pm
We’ve been busy improving the railway in Bristol – and Bristol Temple Meads station – to give […]
- Seven times we improved biodiversity around the railwayby Jennifer Bollen on Medi 7, 2021 at 9:55 am
We’re working hard to improve the way we manage biodiversity around the railway. […]
- Trackside Tara and a big biodiversity projectby Jennifer Bollen on Medi 2, 2021 at 9:42 am
Trackside Tara talks about her passion for a big biodiversity project, which will create a […]
- August bank holiday engineering works completeby Jennifer Bollen on Awst 31, 2021 at 11:25 am
We’ve just completed £90m of August bank holiday improvements to give you better journeys. […]
Railway PRO Communication Platform
- DB helps Egypt to increase rail competitivenessby pamela on Medi 20, 2021 at 10:20 am
Egypt’s Minister of Transport and Deutsche Bahn agreed to collaborate in the field of railways […]
- First 2021-2027 CEF call launchedby pamela on Medi 20, 2021 at 9:20 am
The European Climate, Environment and Infrastructure Executive Agency (CINEA) has launched the […]
- First air-conditioned coaches inaugurated in Egyptby pamela on Medi 20, 2021 at 8:41 am
The President of Egypt, Abdel Fattah Al-Sisi, and the General Director of Transmashholding Kirill […]
- Alstom delivers TCDD the first ETCS-equipped locomotiveby pamela on Medi 20, 2021 at 7:51 am
Alstom has handed over the first locomotive, out of 26, equipped with the European Train Control […]
- CP and KCS signed merger agreementby pamela on Medi 20, 2021 at 6:04 am
On September 15, the CP-KCS combination agreement was signed after Canadian Pacific’s offer was […]
- Hamilton LRT project approvedby pamela on Medi 17, 2021 at 8:44 am
Hamilton City Council has ratified a memorandum of understanding with Metrolinx and the Ministry of […]
Railnews - Latest News Railnews is the leading publication for the rail industry
- Northern leaders set out plans to 'decide and deliver' transport strategyon Medi 20, 2021 at 1:01 am
MONDAY BRIEFING: Northern leaders set out plans to 'decide and deliver' transport strategy ++ […]
- Government helps to fund Stratford upgradeon Medi 17, 2021 at 1:01 am
FRIDAY BRIEFING: Government helps to fund Stratford upgrade ++ Transport for Wales in train toilets […]
- New report says railways had been 'powering ahead' before Covidon Medi 16, 2021 at 10:00 am
A report commissioned by the Railway Industry Association says the railway industry is one of the […]
- Air quality on some diesel trains 'worse than major roads'on Medi 16, 2021 at 1:04 am
THURSDAY BRIEFING: Air quality on some diesel trains 'worse than major roads' ++ Community rail […]
- RMT and ScotRail start new talks over long-running pay disputeon Medi 15, 2021 at 1:01 am
WEDNESDAY BRIEFING: RMT and ScotRail start new talks over long-running pay dispute ++
- HS2 minister defends high speed lineon Medi 14, 2021 at 10:24 am
HS2 minister Andrew Stephenson has assured MPs that HS2 'is going full steam ahead', although he […]
The Railway Hub Get on track for your latest rail news and reviews
- Southeastern campaign encourages passengers to be mindful of those with accessibility requirementsby Sam Hewitt on Medi 20, 2021 at 5:28 pm
Southeastern has launched a video to encourage passengers to support the accessibility needs of […]
- Restoration of Taff Vale locomotive reaches fundraising milestoneby Sam Hewitt on Medi 20, 2021 at 5:02 pm
The Gwili Vintage Carriage Group has reached the first fundraising milestone to enable the overhaul […]
- Book of the Week: The Last Days of BR Steam in Wessex Vol 2. Southern Regionby Shannon Butcher on Medi 20, 2021 at 11:13 am
By the early 1960s BR’s aim to eliminate steam traction was all too evident. The author therefore […]
- London Underground Northern Line expands with two new stationsby Shannon Butcher on Medi 20, 2021 at 10:19 am
Two new London Underground stations have opened to the public as of Monday 20 September 2021, […]
- UK railway news round-upby Shannon Butcher on Medi 17, 2021 at 12:18 pm
This week’s roundup of news from the UK railway industry.
- Drunk Doncaster driver jailed for smashing into train at level crossingby Shannon Butcher on Medi 17, 2021 at 11:29 am
Drunk driver, Michael Rochford, age 27, has been sentenced to nearly a year in jail following a […]
Railway Technology The leading site for news and procurement in the railway industry
- London’s new tube stations: From Battersea to Nine Elmsby Frankie Youd on Medi 20, 2021 at 3:51 pm
With the capital’s tube lines handling up to five million passenger journeys per day with peak times having more than...Read More... The post London’s new tube stations: From Battersea to Nine Elms appeared first on Railway Technology.
- Sound Transit to receive $3.84bn in TIFIA loans from USDOTby Anushri Shukla on Medi 20, 2021 at 3:26 pm
The US Department of Transportation (USDOT) has announced plans to provide up to $3.84bn in Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation...Read More... The post Sound Transit to receive $3.84bn in TIFIA loans from USDOT appeared first on Railway Technology.
- Plans revealed for £2bn of investment in West Midlands transportby Anushri Shukla on Medi 20, 2021 at 11:28 am
The West Midlands Combined Authority (WMCA) Board has sanctioned bids for two government funds, which, along with local funds, could...Read More... The post Plans revealed for £2bn of investment in West Midlands transport appeared first on Railway Technology.
- Alstom to deliver new X’Trapolis 2.0 trains for Australiaby Anushri Shukla on Medi 20, 2021 at 10:58 am
Australia’s Victoria Government has signed a train-building contract with Alstom for the design and construction of 25 X’Trapolis 2.0 vehicles....Read More... The post Alstom to deliver new X’Trapolis 2.0 trains for Australia appeared first on Railway Technology.
- Transport for London to unveil two new Northern line stationsby Anushri Shukla on Medi 17, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Transport for London (TfL) has launched a new Tube map, which includes two new stations on the Northern Line Extension...Read More... The post Transport for London to unveil two new Northern line stations appeared first on Railway Technology.
- Stump Spezialtiefbau completes rail tunnel extension at Munich Airportby Anushri Shukla on Medi 17, 2021 at 11:40 am
Porr subsidiary Stump Spezialtiefbau has completed the tunnel shell for the extension of the rail tunnel at Munich Airport in...Read More... The post Stump Spezialtiefbau completes rail tunnel extension at Munich Airport appeared first on Railway Technology.
- AB Transitio and EIB sign loan agreement for new regional trainsby Anushri Shukla on Medi 17, 2021 at 9:58 am
Sweden-based AB Transitio has signed a $55.71m (Skr480m) loan agreement with the European Investment Bank (EIB) for the procurement of...Read More... The post AB Transitio and EIB sign loan agreement for new regional trains appeared first on Railway Technology.
- City Council approves agreement to proceed with Hamilton LRT projectby Anushri Shukla on Medi 16, 2021 at 3:02 pm
Hamilton City Council in Canada has given the green light to a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of...Read More... The post City Council approves agreement to proceed with Hamilton LRT project appeared first on Railway Technology.
New Civil Engineer Civil engineering and construction news and jobs from New Civil Engineer
- Philip Hammond’s investment firm in £300M Amey takeover bidby Rob Horgan on Medi 20, 2021 at 3:00 pm
Former chancellor Philip Hammond is reportedly involved in a £300M takeover bid for Amey. The post […]
- Countdown to COP26 | Companies to face ‘greenwashing’ challengeby Catherine Kennedy on Medi 20, 2021 at 1:00 pm
Construction and engineering firms will have to prove their green claims under a new code published […]
- On board the Northern Line Extension as new stations open to passengersby Claire Smith on Medi 20, 2021 at 9:00 am
As a child of the 1980s, Blue Peter's competition to develop ideas for re-use of Battersea Power […]
- Stonehenge Tunnel cost confusion emergesby Rob Horgan on Medi 20, 2021 at 5:15 am
National Highways insists that the estimated cost for the A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down upgrade […]
- Angered Tory backbenchers to demand HS2 business debateby Tim Clark on Medi 20, 2021 at 4:30 am
Conservative MP Andrew Bridgen is set to request a full debate in the House of Commons over the […]
- Historic rail campaigners question another National Highways bridge infillby Tim Clark on Medi 20, 2021 at 3:40 am
Campaigners opposing National Highways plans to infill historic bridges have questioned the need to […]
- Meet the Fleet is a resounding success!on Medi 2, 2021
Many thanks to everyone who came to our Meet the Fleet event at Ruddington on the 29th and 30th of August. It was a pleasure showing so many people around our fleet and especially introducing some of our younger visitors to the drivers seat. Hopefully some future volunteers in the making…. On Sunday 29th, we ... Read more
- Meet the Fleet – Open Weekend at Ruddingtonon Gorffennaf 31, 2021
125 Group is proud to announce their first public event since the start of Covid. Come and see what we have achieved since then and support our future preservation efforts.
- Porterbrook’s generous donation completes HST story showcaseon Mehefin 20, 2021
With the recent handover of 43102 (one of the power cars involved in the 1987 record breaking test run) to the National Collection at Shildon, the other power car 43159, has faced a less certain future, having been in store for a prolonged period since retirement from Great Western operation. 125 Group is delighted to ... Read more
- The East Midlands 125 Farewell – Thursday 13th May 2021on Mai 7, 2021
The Branch Line Society is delighted to announce, in partnership with East Midlands Railway and 125 Group, The East Midlands 125 Farewell, raising funds for Railway Children and Railway Benefit Fund. Operated by EMR using Mark Three HST coaching stock, our special train is expected to feature two celebrity EMR Class 43 power cars, 43102 and 43274, of course subject ... Read more
- Mission Complete (Well, Almost…..)on Chwefror 19, 2021
125 Group is delighted to announce the acquisition of a further two MK3 HST trailers, one to join the permanent fleet and one as a spares donor. This brings our HST MK3 fleet to a permanent total of eight vehicles. The make up of this is a TGS (44000), 3x TS (42111, 42119, 42337), 2x ... Read more